Printer driver help

I've just taken a look at a friends computer (Xp Pro), and their printer won't print properly. It prints some pages, not others and always shows an error message saying "Print failed", I've changed the lpt1 cable to one of mine I know works, no change. They have the same model printer on their other p.c I just upgraded to XP pro, both printers installed exactly the same. That one works fine. I think it's a driver issue on the first computer. Would there be any windows XP drivers missing or corrupt doing this? If so, how can I replace them?
1 answer Last reply
More about printer driver help

    Uninstall and reinstall the printer correctly:
    www.coribright.com

    "neobros" <neobros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've just taken a look at a friends computer (Xp Pro), and their printer
    > won't print properly. It prints some pages, not others and always shows an
    > error message saying "Print failed", I've changed the lpt1 cable to one of
    > mine I know works, no change. They have the same model printer on their
    > other p.c I just upgraded to XP pro, both printers installed exactly the
    > same. That one works fine. I think it's a driver issue on the first
    > computer. Would there be any windows XP drivers missing or corrupt doing
    > this? If so, how can I replace them?

Printer Driver Windows XP Printers