arturo

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004

Hello Everybody!

I want to upgrade the TFT display of my laptop (currently 1024x768)
to something like 1400x1200 or 1600x1400. I don't want to ask compaq
for the part, as it is too expensive, but, does anybody know who
manufactures the compaq display and if I can buy a compatible /
straight from manufacturer? do you know the model numbers? Where can
I find this info?

Many thanks!

hh

I'd forget about trying to upgrade a display panel on ANY laptop. Just buy
another laptop with the display rez you require.
HH

"Arturo" <arturo-g@lycos.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everybody!
>
> I want to upgrade the TFT display of my laptop (currently 1024x768)
> to something like 1400x1200 or 1600x1400. I don't want to ask compaq
> for the part, as it is too expensive, but, does anybody know who
> manufactures the compaq display and if I can buy a compatible /
> straight from manufacturer? do you know the model numbers? Where can
> I find this info?
>
> Many thanks!

I agree. There is NO way that is cost effective.

Tom