Compaq Evo N800c Display

Hello Everybody!

I want to upgrade the TFT display of my laptop (currently 1024x768)
to something like 1400x1200 or 1600x1400. I don't want to ask compaq
for the part, as it is too expensive, but, does anybody know who
manufactures the compaq display and if I can buy a compatible /
straight from manufacturer? do you know the model numbers? Where can
I find this info?

Many thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about compaq n800c display

    I'd forget about trying to upgrade a display panel on ANY laptop. Just buy
    another laptop with the display rez you require.
    HH

    "Arturo" <arturo-g@lycos.com> wrote in message
    > Hello Everybody!
    >
    > I want to upgrade the TFT display of my laptop (currently 1024x768)
    > to something like 1400x1200 or 1600x1400. I don't want to ask compaq
    > for the part, as it is too expensive, but, does anybody know who
    > manufactures the compaq display and if I can buy a compatible /
    > straight from manufacturer? do you know the model numbers? Where can
    > I find this info?
    >
    > Many thanks!

    I agree. There is NO way that is cost effective.

    Tom
    "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'd forget about trying to upgrade a display panel on ANY laptop. Just buy
    > another laptop with the display rez you require.
    > HH
    >
    > "Arturo" <arturo-g@lycos.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello Everybody!
    >>
    >> I want to upgrade the TFT display of my laptop (currently 1024x768)
    >> to something like 1400x1200 or 1600x1400. I don't want to ask compaq
    >> for the part, as it is too expensive, but, does anybody know who
    >> manufactures the compaq display and if I can buy a compatible /
    >> straight from manufacturer? do you know the model numbers? Where can
    >> I find this info?
    >>
    >> Many thanks!

Compaq Evo Computers Displays