hp psc 2175 and psc 1210 printer not installing

I had my printer working about 4 days ago then something happen I could not print anymore. My printers are not showing on the fax printer window.
I have unintall all drivers and programs from HP, I have tryed the plug and play , I tryed the CD disk to reload my printer and all I get is could not find moduel.

I loads all the drivers then it gets to can not install this printer, problem installing this hardware hp psc 2170 series, the specified module cound not be found?

I have gone on to HP web site and used their installer, and did the same thing, any body got ideas??????
3 answers Last reply
More about 2175 1210 printer installing

    peter G wrote:
    > I had my printer working about 4 days ago then something happen I
    > could not print anymore. My printers are not showing on the fax
    > printer window.
    > I have unintall all drivers and programs from HP, I have tryed the
    > plug and play , I tryed the CD disk to reload my printer and all I
    > get is could not find moduel.
    >
    > I loads all the drivers then it gets to can not install this printer,
    > problem installing this hardware hp psc 2170 series, the specified
    > module cound not be found?
    >
    > I have gone on to HP web site and used their installer, and did the
    > same thing, any body got ideas??????

    Uninstall and reinstall the printer /properly/.

    I had a similar problem with a 2210. It ended up being
    the printer firmware. I sent emails to HP and after many
    tries of deleting, reloading drivers on the PC and
    several emails back and forth, they eventually directed
    me to download the printer firmware update (the software
    that is inside the printer itsef. Another symptom was
    that ater a while, when I tried to copy or receive faxes
    it would go into permanent warming state. I loaded the
    new firmware and so far so good. Nock on wood. Good luck

    Ok for thoses who Like me that don't know to much about systems here is
    something for you to know.
    If you try to delete the adware programs that you loaded in error and trying
    to delete them manualy we be carefull, I deleted files ADSLDPC.DLL and
    ADSLDPC1.DLL thinking it was part of adware junk and found these are modules
    for loading printers, once i loaded the modules back my printer was able to
    load and connect.

    What to thank all those who help me on this issue along with Gina from
    Microsoft in leading me to what I needed to do.
    peter

    "peter G" wrote:

    > I had my printer working about 4 days ago then something happen I could not print anymore. My printers are not showing on the fax printer window.
    > I have unintall all drivers and programs from HP, I have tryed the plug and play , I tryed the CD disk to reload my printer and all I get is could not find moduel.
    >
    > I loads all the drivers then it gets to can not install this printer, problem installing this hardware hp psc 2170 series, the specified module cound not be found?
    >
    > I have gone on to HP web site and used their installer, and did the same thing, any body got ideas??????

Hewlett Packard Printers Windows XP