Canon BJC7000

July 28, 2004 7:28:30 AM

How do I get this printer to work in XP? Used to run
windows 98 then bought new computer with XP - Ooooh , am
not able to even open 'add printer'. Can anyone help me
on this?

More about : canon bjc7000

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 3:12:31 PM

Delete any installed printer drivers using Start Printers and Faxes
Highlight printer Right mouse click Choose Delete from the context
menu.

Download the setup instructions and XP printer driver from
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Downloa...

"Tiny" version
http://tinyurl.com/5vebj

Install the new driver in accordance with the instructions. Do _Not_ connect
the printer to the computer until the instructions say it should be
connected.

If there is an error during the install, try navigating to Start Run and
typing the following followed by pressing Enter.

net start spooler

Then re-try the installation.
Let us know.

Tom