EQ2 Guild events

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone had participated in any fun guild events apart
from raiding.
In EQ1 we had an all day LDoN adventure till you drop session, but obviously
we can't do that in EQ2.

We're looking at different things like scavenger hunts and find person x,
but thought there would have to be some fun experiences people here had.

thanks =)
2 answers Last reply
More about guild events

    Pamela Carlton wrote:
    > I was wondering if anyone had participated in any fun guild events
    apart
    > from raiding.
    > In EQ1 we had an all day LDoN adventure till you drop session, but
    obviously
    > we can't do that in EQ2.
    >
    > We're looking at different things like scavenger hunts and find
    person x,
    > but thought there would have to be some fun experiences people here
    had.

    One of the things we've done is 'Heritage Day', where everybody forms
    up groups based on what heritage you are working on, and pounding
    through them. This works really well for the easier heritages (SBD,
    Crook, JBoots, etc) that can be completed without camping some rare
    spawns. Some groups have even managed to snag the Guise during those
    days. One guild had two groups go into DFC and complete 11 SBS and
    SSOY quests at the same time (22 heritages total).

    Other things are writs, where we have groups compete against each other
    to see who gets the most writs completed before the end of a timer (two
    hours or something semi-reasonable).

    Some people like to have contests on who can best decorate a house in a
    certain time limit within a budget. Judging those can be difficult
    though :P

    If our resources for crafters ever get low, I could see a race to see
    who harvests the most stuff for the crafters in the guild happening.
    It'd be kind of fun to see how many resources a few groups
    power-clearing a couple zones for a while could bring in.

    There was a race for lowbies on Permafrost last weekend. There was a
    series of waypoints each contestant had to hit on the run from Qeynos
    to Freeport. If the person dinged a certain level (10 or 11 maybe?),
    they were disqualified. So not only was it dangerous, you had to watch
    your XP and disable it if getting to close to the limit.

    I really enjoy the Heritage Days though...

    "Pamela Carlton" <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all!
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone had participated in any fun guild events apart
    > from raiding.
    > In EQ1 we had an all day LDoN adventure till you drop session, but obviously
    > we can't do that in EQ2.
    >
    > We're looking at different things like scavenger hunts and find person x,
    > but thought there would have to be some fun experiences people here had.

    We've done things like races (by any means possible, until I used evac - that
    loophole was closed fairly quickly!), hunts for specific drops from monsters,
    and ball games using scarecrows (two opposing teams try to drag a scarecrow to
    their side of the field without killing it - mentoring would be quite useful
    here to make sure that things like taunts are equivalent, or maybe disallow
    taunts). And the usual things like quest groups and heritage groups.

    Rich

Games Events Video Games