Zone Alarm & DSL

JB

Is there a problem running Zone Alarm with DSL? Specifically, with SBC
and the 2Wire Home Portal modem. If so, is there any way to work around
the problem? I'm having intermittent connection problems.

Thanks!

JB

woody

For connection problems with SBC go to the official forum at
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/ilec,am and post your connection problems. I
have used ZA for several years on DSL and dialup with no problems..

"JB" <jb@nospammers.net> wrote in message
> Is there a problem running Zone Alarm with DSL? Specifically, with SBC
> and the 2Wire Home Portal modem. If so, is there any way to work around
> the problem? I'm having intermittent connection problems.
>
> Thanks!
>
> JB

tonys

It is a bit of a pain but it works for me. The network must be added to
the trusted zone.
Good Luck
TonyS
"JB" <jb@nospammers.net> wrote in message
: Is there a problem running Zone Alarm with DSL? Specifically, with SBC
: and the 2Wire Home Portal modem. If so, is there any way to work
around
: the problem? I'm having intermittent connection problems.
:
: Thanks!
:
: JB

JB

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

TonyS wrote:
> It is a bit of a pain but it works for me. The network must be added to
> the trusted zone.
> Good Luck
> TonyS
> "JB" <jb@nospammers.net> wrote in message
> : Is there a problem running Zone Alarm with DSL? Specifically, with SBC
> : and the 2Wire Home Portal modem. If so, is there any way to work
> around
> : the problem? I'm having intermittent connection problems.
> :
> : Thanks!
> :
> : JB

JB- what kind of problems? Does the Broadband light on the HomePortal stay
green during the problem or is it flashing orange?

"JB" <jb@nospammers.net> wrote in message
> Is there a problem running Zone Alarm with DSL? Specifically, with SBC
> and the 2Wire Home Portal modem. If so, is there any way to work around
> the problem? I'm having intermittent connection problems.
>
> Thanks!
>
> JB

JB

Pardon my ignorance, but I want to make sure about this. Do I take the
IP address and default gateway numbers found when running ipconfig and
add them to the trusted zone in ZA?

Thanks!

TonyS wrote:

> It is a bit of a pain but it works for me. The network must be added to
> the trusted zone.
> Good Luck
> TonyS
> "JB" <jb@nospammers.net> wrote in message
> : Is there a problem running Zone Alarm with DSL? Specifically, with SBC
> : and the 2Wire Home Portal modem. If so, is there any way to work
> around
> : the problem? I'm having intermittent connection problems.
> :
> : Thanks!
> :
> : JB

tonys

JB wrote:
: Pardon my ignorance, but I want to make sure about this. Do I take the
: IP address and default gateway numbers found when running ipconfig and
: add them to the trusted zone in ZA?
:
: Thanks!
:
ZA usually detects networks and asks if you would like to add it to the
Trusted Zone.
Go to Firewall tab>Zones Tab and see if the IP address
172.16.0.0/255.255.0.0 (NIC to 2Wire)
192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 (If you have a network)
Look At Alerts and logs>log viewer and see if anything is being blocked
that you are sure is safe. You can add to the Zone from there.
In program control>programs make sure your mail program has permission
to send mail.
If everything is screwed up uninstall and reinstall ZA and let it
configure.
TonyS

JB

Thanks again!

> ZA usually detects networks and asks if you would like to add it to the
> Trusted Zone.
> Go to Firewall tab>Zones Tab and see if the IP address
> 172.16.0.0/255.255.0.0 (NIC to 2Wire)
> 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 (If you have a network)
> Look At Alerts and logs>log viewer and see if anything is being blocked
> that you are sure is safe. You can add to the Zone from there.
> In program control>programs make sure your mail program has permission
> to send mail.
> If everything is screwed up uninstall and reinstall ZA and let it
> configure.
> TonyS

JB

Thanks!