Temp monitoring proggies

G

Hello all. Ive been quite puzzled as of late with my system temps as they are reported through various programs. My setup consists of an MSI K7T266Pro RAID mobo and 1.4ghz athlon. I loaded MSI's PC AlertIII and after a few minutes at idle, it reports my CPU temp at 50 degrees and system temp at 38. Now when I restart right after and go into the BIOS my temp reads more like 43-44 and system at 37-38. On the advice of some other users I downloaded MBM5 and did a little experimenting. It reads my CPU temp at 43-44 and my system temp at 37-38. The system temp seems to be consistent though all the different readings, but the CPU temp seems to be abnormally high in the PC AlertIII. Which do you beleive is more accurate? Im tending to beleive that PC AlertIII is screwy as all hell (it does occasionally lock my system up when Im monitoring!) as the MBM5 and BIOS report same temps. Anyone lese had this experience??

<font color=purple><b>Its not easy being purple</b></font color=purple>
<font color=green><b>AMD</b></font color=green>

peach

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
<font color=blue>I dunno. I use MBM5 and have had a problem with it in NT. One day it just started reading 400+º. I know thats not right of course. I am dual booted and it works fine still in 98. I have long since got the comp stable and quit worrying about it. I suppose a reinstall would fix it - I can't remeber if I tried that or didn't care.

Just an FYI - MBM5 is not w/o its problems either.

:cool: <i><font color=blue>on company time....</i>