EQ2: New comp AMD question

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hi All;

I've just received my new computer (yahoo). It's has an AMD 64 4000+. I put
it on an MSI NEO2 motherboard.

This setup supports the AMD Cool 'N' Quiet mode. Supposedly this will
monitor processor speed and cooling fan speed. If I enable this mode, it
will adjust the processor and fan to the load and speed up the processor
under heavy load (read games) and the fan to cool it down when the processor
heats up. When under a light load, I guess like reading e-mail or just
surfing the net, it's suppose to throttle back the processor speed and
cooling fan, and run in a cooler more quiet.

My question to the group: To those that have that have this type of setup,
does this speed up / slow down EQ2 making the game act weird or hard to
play??

Thanks in advance for you help and any suggestions you may have.

Doctorzoid
34 Cleric

kirby

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

"John" <whizzn@abc.net> wrote in message
> Hi All;
>
> I've just received my new computer (yahoo). It's has an AMD 64 4000+. I
put
> it on an MSI NEO2 motherboard.
>
> This setup supports the AMD Cool 'N' Quiet mode. Supposedly this will
> monitor processor speed and cooling fan speed. If I enable this mode, it
> will adjust the processor and fan to the load and speed up the processor
> under heavy load (read games) and the fan to cool it down when the
processor
> heats up. When under a light load, I guess like reading e-mail or just
> surfing the net, it's suppose to throttle back the processor speed and
> cooling fan, and run in a cooler more quiet.
>
> My question to the group: To those that have that have this type of setup,
> does this speed up / slow down EQ2 making the game act weird or hard to
> play??

No, but on the other hand, unless your cpu is on its way out, don't bother.
It's like having go faster stripes on your car!

Kirby

> Thanks in advance for you help and any suggestions you may have.
>
> Doctorzoid
> 34 Cleric

Kirby dit:

> "John" <whizzn@abc.net> wrote in message
> > Hi All;
> >
> > I've just received my new computer (yahoo). It's has an AMD 64 4000+. I
> > put
> > it on an MSI NEO2 motherboard.
> >
> > This setup supports the AMD Cool 'N' Quiet mode. Supposedly this will
> > monitor processor speed and cooling fan speed. If I enable this mode, it
> > will adjust the processor and fan to the load and speed up the processor
> > under heavy load (read games) and the fan to cool it down when the
> > processor heats up. When under a light load, I guess like reading e-mail or just
> > surfing the net, it's suppose to throttle back the processor speed and
> > cooling fan, and run in a cooler more quiet.
> >
> > My question to the group: To those that have that have this type of setup,
> > does this speed up / slow down EQ2 making the game act weird or hard to
> > play??
> >

> No, but on the other hand, unless your cpu is on its way out, don't bother.
> It's like having go faster stripes on your car!
>

> Kirby

Not *the* Kirbeh ?!

Eeeek !!

> > Thanks in advance for you help and any suggestions you may have.
> >
> > Doctorzoid
> > 34 Cleric

ah heck, there goes my lurking badge..

--
Etc.

(Not Empee)
Live - http://www.empee.org
Dead - http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?empee
-----------------------------
MSN: empee at post dot com
--------------------------------
E & OE.

kirby

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

"Empee" <ye@h.right.mate> wrote in message

> Kirby dit:
>
> > "John" <whizzn@abc.net> wrote in message
> > > Hi All;
> > >
> > > I've just received my new computer (yahoo). It's has an AMD 64 4000+.
> > > put
> > > it on an MSI NEO2 motherboard.
> > >
> > > This setup supports the AMD Cool 'N' Quiet mode. Supposedly this will
> > > monitor processor speed and cooling fan speed. If I enable this mode,
it
> > > will adjust the processor and fan to the load and speed up the
processor
> > > under heavy load (read games) and the fan to cool it down when the
> > > processor heats up. When under a light load, I guess like reading
e-mail or just
> > > surfing the net, it's suppose to throttle back the processor speed and
> > > cooling fan, and run in a cooler more quiet.
> > >
> > > My question to the group: To those that have that have this type of
setup,
> > > does this speed up / slow down EQ2 making the game act weird or hard
> > > play??
> > >

> > No, but on the other hand, unless your cpu is on its way out, don't
bother.
> > It's like having go faster stripes on your car!
> >

> > Kirby
>
> Not *the* Kirbeh ?!

No, I am *The* Kirbeh, not *the* pffft.

LO BABEH !!!

w00000 !!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK !

o_0

Kirby is a girly

> Eeeek !!
>

> > > Thanks in advance for you help and any suggestions you may have.
> > >
> > > Doctorzoid
> > > 34 Cleric
> > >

> ah heck, there goes my lurking badge..
>

> --
> Etc.
>
> (Not Empee)
> Live - http://www.empee.org
> Dead - http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?empee
> -----------------------------
> MSN: empee at post dot com
> --------------------------------
> E & OE.

Kirby dit:

> "Empee" <ye@h.right.mate> wrote in message
> >
> > Kirby dit:

[snipperage]

> > > No, but on the other hand, unless your cpu is on its way out, don't
> > > bother.
> > > It's like having go faster stripes on your car!
> > >

> > > Kirby
> >
> > Not *the* Kirbeh ?!
>
> No, I am *The* Kirbeh, not *the* pffft.

/genuflects

> LO BABEH !!!
>

> w00000 !!!
>

> EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK !

/squeals

> o_0

v_v

> Kirby is a girly

I still have the jpgs..

--
Etc.

L'Empee® - Latent Bisexualist.

> Kirby dit:
>
> > "Empee" <ye@h.right.mate> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Kirby dit:
>
> [snipperage]

> > > Not *the* Kirbeh ?!
> >
> > No, I am *The* Kirbeh, not *the* pffft.
>
> /genuflects
>

> > LO BABEH !!!
> >

> > w00000 !!!
> >

> > EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK !
>
> /squeals
>

> > o_0
>
> v_v
>

> > Kirby is a girly
>
> I still have the jpgs..

I still have the scars !!!

Kirby

"Kirby" <hgvhgy@wewez.com> wrote in message

> "Empee" <ye@h.right.mate> wrote in message
> >
> > Kirby dit:
> >
> > > "Empee" <ye@h.right.mate> wrote in message

> > [snipperage]

> > > No, I am *The* Kirbeh, not *the* pffft.
> >
> > /genuflects
> >

> > > LO BABEH !!!
> > >

> > > w00000 !!!
> > >

> > > EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK !
> >
> > /squeals
> >

> > > o_0
> >
> > v_v
> >

> > > Kirby is a girly
> >
> > I still have the jpgs..
>

> I still have the scars !!!
>

> Kirby

And aghltfc leaves its dirty stain upon another NG :p

From: The babeh eaters....