Hp Deskjet 5550

July 29, 2004 11:51:01 AM

I am currently unable to communicate with my deskjet 5550. I have tried many things including reloading the driver multiple times, switching all of the cables and using a friends computer. The problem is, though my computer will read that the deskjet is connected to the computer, no commands will be registered to the printer. Aside from the computer recognising that the printer is attached, the only way I can determine that the printer is recieving power is that the lights beside both the power button and the paper feed button are blinking. I have Windows XP system and have tried contacting both HP and Microsoft, but neither has anything of value to offer except to reload the driver. Does anyone know what's going on here?

More about : deskjet 5550

Anonymous
July 29, 2004 8:21:17 PM

Svirbs wrote:
> I am currently unable to communicate with my deskjet 5550. I have
> tried many things including reloading the driver multiple times,
> switching all of the cables and using a friends computer. The
> problem is, though my computer will read that the deskjet is
> connected to the computer, no commands will be registered to the
> printer. Aside from the computer recognising that the printer is
> attached, the only way I can determine that the printer is recieving
> power is that the lights beside both the power button and the paper
> feed button are blinking. I have Windows XP system and have tried
> contacting both HP and Microsoft, but neither has anything of value
> to offer except to reload the driver. Does anyone know what's going
> on here?

Suggest you uninstall and reinstall the driver /properly/

For more information, look here
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/index.htm
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 8:21:18 PM

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
> Svirbs wrote:
>> I am currently unable to communicate with my deskjet 5550. I have
>> tried many things including reloading the driver multiple times,
>> switching all of the cables and using a friends computer. The
>> problem is, though my computer will read that the deskjet is
>> connected to the computer, no commands will be registered to the
>> printer. Aside from the computer recognising that the printer is
>> attached, the only way I can determine that the printer is recieving
>> power is that the lights beside both the power button and the paper
>> feed button are blinking. I have Windows XP system and have tried
>> contacting both HP and Microsoft, but neither has anything of value
>> to offer except to reload the driver. Does anyone know what's going
>> on here?
>
> Suggest you uninstall and reinstall the driver /properly/
> http://www.coribright.com/Windows/Article%20One.htm

This site has good advice. Follow it.

> For more information, look here
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/index.htm

Be SURE to read and follow the instruction sheets with the printer.

Be SURE you have the latest driver from the HP website.

Be SURE you only connect the printer when the Installer says to.

Be SURE that you print the test page when it asks you to.

Report back if you still have a problem.

Dick Kistler
!