I have trie every possible solution for this.Last year December I upgraded my GPU to Zotac GTX 550ti ,since then whenever I play Battlefiled 3 the game after running for 10-20 minutes stops and quits to desktop I play at 1360x768 resltuion and on ultra settings the situation does not change even when I play on medium settings,when the game runs for those 10-20 minutes it runs flawlessly at 40fps.Earlier I hand a XFX GT 430 and at that time when I played the game at 1280x720 resolution and at medium settings low to medium settings I did not encounter such a problem.I have used regisrty cleaners,used driver sweeper to complete remove the exisiting old drivers and performed a clean driver installation the current driver version is 301.42 WQHL.All the other games run withouth any problem on my GTX 550ti for hours say 3 hours the games are CRYSIS 2 which I play at ultra settings with DX11 and High resolution texture pack and at 1360x768 resoltuion,Max Payne 3 runs flawlessly,NFS RUN plays at around 85fps without V-Sync,Mass effect 3 runs at around 84fps.I have tried increasing the fan speed ,still the BF3 issue exists,my case has good ventiltion it is a LANCOOL PC-K62 case.So I am just tired of this problem.Please anyone please can you help me.All suggestions are more than welcome.
My PC configuration:-
Core i5 2500K,
1 TB SEAGATE HDD
500 WATT COOLER MASTER PSU,
LANCOOL PC -K62 case.
Windows 7 32-Bit(I guess this might be the problem as it does not utilize whole of the 4GB RAM it shows that 3.61GB is usable)
Please help me.
If its freezing the screen image just before it quits out. -
Then look to reinstall battlelog, and an update to the game itself but only after Win SP1 is confirmed to be installed.
... If these are up to date then I would say you're having a peak voltage drop off.
(barring any actual physical defects in either the ram or video card)
At some point the demand on your PSU is exceeding the normal minimum threshold it needs to sustain for operation. BF3 is known to put quite a taxing demand on power supplies at Ultra high settings. For the Sys config you list I think 500w is a bit on the low side. You may be able to balance the load better by separating out your cdrom and other devices to any unused power rails you may have available.
I've encounted systems where every device was on only 1 rail, with the other rail unused and tied down in the case. Bad idea. Although it looks nicer in the case, it is better to distribute power loads across all rails so that one rail does not become saturated with peak demand. In your case this may or may not be the issue, however I would address (eliminate) that first and look to more esoteric problems after. I see no issue with the usable ram. It appears correct for the system as long as SP1 is installed. You can however test that issue by reducing the ram and see if the problem remains (2x1GB on a dual channel system).