HP 7130 "USB Device Not Recognized"

I've been trying to install this printer for days. I've
done everything HP requires. Installed the software
first then hooked up the printer and powered it up to get
the above error message.

Does anyone have any ideas?
4 answers Last reply
More about 7130 device recognized

    Known good USB port?

    Known good USB cable?
    www.coribright.com

    "dmario" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've been trying to install this printer for days. I've
    > done everything HP requires. Installed the software
    > first then hooked up the printer and powered it up to get
    > the above error message.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas?

    Yes Cari, I had a PSC 2210 on that port and that cable
    just before trying to install the 7130. In fact in the
    middle of the two - three days that I have been dealing
    with this 7130, I took the 2210 back from my kids and went
    through the installation process with it and it installed
    just fine on that port with that cable.

    Hardware)
    >www.coribright.com
    >
    >"dmario" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >> I've been trying to install this printer for days. I've
    >> done everything HP requires. Installed the software
    >> first then hooked up the printer and powered it up to
    get
    >> the above error message.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have any ideas?
    >>

    >.

    Did you totally remove the previous prinstallation?

    > Yes Cari, I had a PSC 2210 on that port and that cable
    > just before trying to install the 7130. In fact in the
    > middle of the two - three days that I have been dealing
    > with this 7130, I took the 2210 back from my kids and went
    > through the installation process with it and it installed
    > just fine on that port with that cable.

    Yes, I followed HP instructions on returning the PC to a
    point where there were no printers installed. ie removing
    all software via Add/Remove programs, deleted all
    printers under printers, deleting entries in the
    registry, deleting files in the system root directory,
    etc.

Hewlett Packard Printers Windows XP