Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HP 7130 "USB Device Not Recognized"

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 29, 2004 9:42:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I've been trying to install this printer for days. I've
done everything HP requires. Installed the software
first then hooked up the printer and powered it up to get
the above error message.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 29, 2004 10:27:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Known good USB port?

Known good USB cable?
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com

"dmario" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6db601c475ce$11e91fe0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> I've been trying to install this printer for days. I've
> done everything HP requires. Installed the software
> first then hooked up the printer and powered it up to get
> the above error message.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 30, 2004 9:58:56 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Yes Cari, I had a PSC 2210 on that port and that cable
just before trying to install the 7130. In fact in the
middle of the two - three days that I have been dealing
with this 7130, I took the 2210 back from my kids and went
through the installation process with it and it installed
just fine on that port with that cable.


>-----Original Message-----
>Known good USB port?
>
>Known good USB cable?
>--
>Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging &
Hardware)
>www.coribright.com
>
>"dmario" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:6db601c475ce$11e91fe0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> I've been trying to install this printer for days. I've
>> done everything HP requires. Installed the software
>> first then hooked up the printer and powered it up to
get
>> the above error message.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas?
>>
>
>
>
>.
>
Related resources
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 30, 2004 3:37:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Did you totally remove the previous prinstallation?

http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com

"Dmario" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:745201c47634$f9498b20$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Yes Cari, I had a PSC 2210 on that port and that cable
> just before trying to install the 7130. In fact in the
> middle of the two - three days that I have been dealing
> with this 7130, I took the 2210 back from my kids and went
> through the installation process with it and it installed
> just fine on that port with that cable.
>
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>Known good USB port?
>>
>>Known good USB cable?
>>--
>>Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging &
> Hardware)
>>www.coribright.com
>>
>>"dmario" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
>>news:6db601c475ce$11e91fe0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>>> I've been trying to install this printer for days. I've
>>> done everything HP requires. Installed the software
>>> first then hooked up the printer and powered it up to
> get
>>> the above error message.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any ideas?
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>.
>>
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 1, 2004 9:26:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Yes, I followed HP instructions on returning the PC to a
point where there were no printers installed. ie removing
all software via Add/Remove programs, deleted all
printers under printers, deleting entries in the
registry, deleting files in the system root directory,
etc.


>-----Original Message-----
>Did you totally remove the previous prinstallation?
>
>http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>--
>Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging &
Hardware)
>www.coribright.com
>
>"Dmario" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>news:745201c47634$f9498b20$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>> Yes Cari, I had a PSC 2210 on that port and that cable
>> just before trying to install the 7130. In fact in the
>> middle of the two - three days that I have been dealing
>> with this 7130, I took the 2210 back from my kids and
went
>> through the installation process with it and it
installed
>> just fine on that port with that cable.
>>
>>
>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>Known good USB port?
>>>
>>>Known good USB cable?
>>>--
>>>Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging &
>> Hardware)
>>>www.coribright.com
>>>
>>>"dmario" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>>>news:6db601c475ce$11e91fe0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>>>> I've been trying to install this printer for days.
I've
>>>> done everything HP requires. Installed the software
>>>> first then hooked up the printer and powered it up to
>> get
>>>> the above error message.
>>>>
>>>> Does anyone have any ideas?
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>.
>>>
>>
>
>
>
>.
>
!