fax console preview unreadable

just upgraded to XP & installed Fax Console; send
and receive seem to be working okay, but preview
displays them in Notepad in what i assume to be tif.
format;otherwise gibberish to me. Printing same
thing. Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about console preview unreadable

    Sounds like the file association for .tif files has been set to Notepad
    instead of the Picture and Fax Viewer. In most cases, the file association
    should be:

    "rundll32.exe <drive>:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen %1"

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

    "mtish" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > just upgraded to XP & installed Fax Console; send
    > and receive seem to be working okay, but preview
    > displays them in Notepad in what i assume to be tif.
    > format;otherwise gibberish to me. Printing same
    > thing. Any ideas?

Fax Consoles Windows XP