The specified module could not be found (Printer)

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

When I try to install my Lexmark Z23 printer, I
can'tfinish installing because a message saying "The
specified module could not be found". What is wrong and
what should I do. Everything is plugged in right, and
this never happened before. Please help me and tell me
what to do. I have Windows XP.

Try this
Uninstall the printer completely with cleaning all the drivers from the system,
restart the machine
Download the Drivers from Lexmark.com and properly follow the instruction in
the manual to install the printer.

check this out

"Chris" wrote:

> When I try to install my Lexmark Z23 printer, I
> can'tfinish installing because a message saying "The
> specified module could not be found". What is wrong and
> what should I do. Everything is plugged in right, and
> this never happened before. Please help me and tell me
> what to do. I have Windows XP.

I have experienced the exact same thing and if this is a faiirly recent incident do a "system restore" to a point where you know your machine could have been working properly caution though "system restore" will only retreat so far back in time.