The Sims 2 Double Deluxe not runnning

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I' am having problems running The Sims 2 Double Deluxe on my netbook.

Basicly I get

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."

I have already installed the latest drivers and updates from Dell and Windows updates. I have seen people play this game on a netbook without problems. My netbook is a Dell Latitude 2100. It has a Intel GMA 950 video card which is good enough to run The Sims 2. Someone said this was a windows problem but I don't know what the reason is.

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Yes of cource it's a retail copy now why are you asking that since my question isn't about if my copy is legal. My question is about the problem I' am having with The Sims 2 game. We are getting off track here.

Dustin_Broke

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Ok I have tried using both drivers the generic ones and the OEM ones from Dell for Windows 7 and both seem like get the same error. Now I tried using the Dell OEM drivers for Windows Vista for my netbook and it worked now my game runs. Also it even runs The Sims 3. I wonder if the newer drivers of the GMA 950 has blocked programs so you can't play newer games on the netbook since both the newer drivers from Intel and Dell are the same. It seems like the driver version is older for Windows Vista for my netbook and it plays the games.