bubble cooling

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I saw these clear tubes at Spencer gifts, you know the one that has the light and the plastic fishes floating inside. I was thinking if I could increase the airflow so that much more bubbles flow through it, wouldn't it make a pretty cool cooling tower for a water cooled computer?? I'd also try to make a lot of little bubbles for better surface area for the air that goes through. And it can be lit up (although dimly so that it doesn't heat up) and make a pretty nice piece of decoration or something.

Your Signature Sucks

FatBurger

Illustrious
Hmm...and then pull the water back out of your aquarium?
It'd work
Make sure you have a filter coming out of the aquarium :)

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

G

Don't use Guppies! I would suggest Lobsters and Crabs. Then, if the water got too hot at least you would have a great meal. Guppies have no meat and they taste really bad!

Bob

</font color=purple> :eek: Shave My Poodle

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
you can use evaporation towers (already been done) and they are _very_ good. Down side is they are big and need constant refilling. They also raise the humidity in the room considerably.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
but along your principles it could be made good - use clear acrylic pipe, wood chips or stone chips, a little neon and off you go - it could be a real feature...

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
now that I think of it the air escaping out of the top of the bubble shaft would be pretty high in humidity. A condensor core could be implemented much like the evaporator setup. I could use metal rods that the water would condense on and collect it at the bottom. Then reintroduce this water. Just a thought.

Your Signature Sucks

FatBurger

Illustrious
Well, of course it'd depend on the fish and how big the tank is. You could do it, if it was a huge tank, and you had tropical fish.

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink: