Printing driver help

July 31, 2004 6:15:01 AM

I've just taken a look at a friends computer (Xp Pro), and their printer won't print properly. It prints some pages, not others and always shows an error message saying "Print failed", I've changed the lpt1 cable to one of mine I know works, no change. They have the same model printer on their other p.c I just upgraded to XP pro, both printers installed exactly the same. That one works fine. I think it's a driver issue on the first computer. Would there be any windows XP drivers missing or corrupt doing this? If so, how can I replace them? The printer in question is a HP deskjet ???Cxi

More about : printing driver

Anonymous
July 31, 2004 10:03:03 AM

Go to the HP site and look around for a newer driver.
http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

It may help to completely remove the printer and re-install
How to clean up printer drivers

Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://www.mvps.org/msauer/