Please help on Necro's research spell

I have book of dark bindings, quill, parchments and Concordance of Research.
I didn't buy any other books.

When I tried to use book of dark bindings, it doesn't show any recipe for
scrolls.
All it shows are, practice rune, apprentice rune and training rune.
I typed some letter, word and full name of the spell I wanted but nothing
was shown.
I use oven and loon so I know basic of these containers.
Why it does not show me any recipe? Do I have to buy some books?

I am working on practice research as well. I have never seen Froglock eyes.
Went most places I can go without KOS. I heard I need froglock eyes to make
apprentice rune azla.
Where can I get it??? I am stuck here.

Jonathan

Arcury wrote:
> I have book of dark bindings, quill, parchments and Concordance of
> Research. I didn't buy any other books.
>
> When I tried to use book of dark bindings, it doesn't show any recipe
> for scrolls.
> All it shows are, practice rune, apprentice rune and training rune.
> I typed some letter, word and full name of the spell I wanted but
> nothing was shown.
> I use oven and loon so I know basic of these containers.
> Why it does not show me any recipe? Do I have to buy some books?

Like many recipies, it will not appear in your list until you have first
successfully made one. A good place to look for all things tradeskill
(including research) is www.eqtraders.com .

"Arcury" <yarcuryxxx@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have book of dark bindings, quill, parchments and Concordance of
>Research.
> I didn't buy any other books.
>
> When I tried to use book of dark bindings, it doesn't show any recipe for
> scrolls.
> All it shows are, practice rune, apprentice rune and training rune.
> I typed some letter, word and full name of the spell I wanted but nothing
> was shown.
> I use oven and loon so I know basic of these containers.
> Why it does not show me any recipe? Do I have to buy some books?
>
> I am working on practice research as well. I have never seen Froglock
> eyes.
> Went most places I can go without KOS. I heard I need froglock eyes to
> make
> apprentice rune azla.
> Where can I get it??? I am stuck here.

First, let us discuss the Concordance of Research. It is in this book that
you combine looted objects that combine to make runes to help you learn the
research skill. Unfortuately, this trade skill container does not have the
capacity to learn recipes. So, you must load each object separately for
each rune you wish to make. The Froglok Eye is one component to make
Apprentice Rune Azia. I have gathered many rune components all the way
through the highest level runes. But for the most part I skipped this set
because the eye drops in Guk and the froglocks have faction I did not want
to lower. (Except for the rare eye that someonoe gave me) I went directly
to the Training Rune set.

Secondly, I will discuss the Book of Dark Bindings (or the named books for
the other pure casters - each having his own book). It is in this book that
you place one rune Azia and one rune Beza of whichever level will give you
experience. If you are successful in the combine, you get a .... rune
Complete. This Complete rune has no function at all except as you sell it
to help recover some of the cost of making the rune. I have not tried to
make favorite recipes in this Book of Dark Bindings, but it appears you may,
as you are reporting information consistent with that. Also in this book,
and in accord with recipes, you may combine Words to make real spells.
This is what research is all about.

Arcury wrote:
> I have book of dark bindings, quill, parchments and Concordance of Research.
> I didn't buy any other books.
>
> When I tried to use book of dark bindings, it doesn't show any recipe for
> scrolls.
> All it shows are, practice rune, apprentice rune and training rune.
> I typed some letter, word and full name of the spell I wanted but nothing
> was shown.
> I use oven and loon so I know basic of these containers.
> Why it does not show me any recipe? Do I have to buy some books?

The Concordance of Research is ONLY for the practice runes. It will
not show other recipes.

> I am working on practice research as well. I have never seen Froglock eyes.
> Went most places I can go without KOS. I heard I need froglock eyes to make
> apprentice rune azla.
> Where can I get it??? I am stuck here.

There are two places I check when I need something that I can't find.
If it's used in a tradeskill, odds are the www.eqtraders.com will know
where to get it. If not in there, try Allakhazam's site. The comments
underneath an item are sometimes more up to date than eqtraders.

Another problem you might be having is that not all recipes will be
listed in any container. You will have to do a successful combine
before certain recipes will be listed in your container. EQTraders
should be able to help you out on making a successful combine even
without having the recipe in either of your books.

Tracey

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <423B0A95.7090105@aol.com>, rbrancher2@aol.com says...

> > I am working on practice research as well. I have never seen Froglock eyes.
> > Went most places I can go without KOS. I heard I need froglock eyes to make
> > apprentice rune azla.
> > Where can I get it??? I am stuck here.

Frogloks.

Starting with the level 2 froglok tads in the feerott. And then working
up to the frogs in Innothule Swamp, and Guk.

TRENDING THREADS