Compaq 1625 video problems?

I have a 1625 that has no video output, either at the lcd or at the monitor
port....
Would this be a bad interface or is it the motherboard... When it tries to
post all I get is a series of beeps, one and then three beeps and then it
repeats...
Compaq is no help... I have the ability to disassmble and install just lack
some troubleshooting...
Thank you
Tom
1 answer Last reply
More about compaq 1625 video problems

    One long beep followed by 3 short? That normally indicates bad video
    controller hardware. Since you have no video either internal or external,
    it's most likely a bad systemboard rather than just the inverter board. If
    it were a bit newer laptop, I'd recommend replacing the systemboard, but not
    on a K6 266 machine with passive display and limited performance by today's
    standards.
    You could probably buy a new entry-level mobile Athlon or Celeron
    notebook for the cost of a replacement systemboard from Compaq.
    If you decide to open it up, here is a link to the Maintenance & Service
    Guide for your 1625:

    http://www.compaq.com/athome/support/msgs/1600/

    HH

    "T Banning" <tbanning@centurytel.net> wrote in message
    >I have a 1625 that has no video output, either at the lcd or at the monitor
    >port....
    > Would this be a bad interface or is it the motherboard... When it tries to
    > post all I get is a series of beeps, one and then three beeps and then it
    > repeats...
    > Compaq is no help... I have the ability to disassmble and install just
    > lack some troubleshooting...
    > Thank you
    > Tom

Compaq Video Computers