Sign in with
Your question

Cant get bf2 to run under windows 8

Last response: in Video Games
June 6, 2012 5:51:26 AM

Hi Folks,
I recently loaded "windows 8 release preview" on my computer and now find that my BF2 & AIX Extended won't play under this OS.

With both games it starts to load and the screen goes blank(normal procedure) and then it just restarts the computer...
Anybody got any ideas? if not then I will have to wipe my drive and go back to Win 7.

Cheers

Prawn Toast

More about : bf2 run windows

June 6, 2012 6:12:37 AM

Do note that Windows 8 is not a complete build. It's probably not ready for games anyways. Windows 7 is the preferred operating system for playing PC games.

You can also post in the Windows 8 section regarding games:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-73.html
m
l
a b * Windows 8
June 6, 2012 7:36:53 AM

as above suggests win 8 isnt compatible with such old games...
in fact its not that compatible with newer games either... its only an rc candidate that isnt a fully fleshed out o.s. it was distributed for testing purposes only so send your feedback to m.s and they can then use it to help improve win 8... after all thats why it was released... they want user feedback.
m
l
Related resources
June 6, 2012 8:42:53 AM

HEXiT said:
as above suggests win 8 isnt compatible with such old games...
in fact its not that compatible with newer games either... its only an rc candidate that isnt a fully fleshed out o.s. it was distributed for testing purposes only so send your feedback to m.s and they can then use it to help improve win 8... after all thats why it was released... they want user feedback.

Thanks HEXiT,
Being a novice at this sort of thing I have no idea how I would go about sending feedback to MS.
m
l
June 6, 2012 8:45:39 AM

fantastik250 said:
Do note that Windows 8 is not a complete build. It's probably not ready for games anyways. Windows 7 is the preferred operating system for playing PC games.

You can also post in the Windows 8 section regarding games:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-73.html

Cheers for that fantastik250. Appreciate any help and input..
m
l
!