Printing file contents of a folder

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Is it possible to print the file contents of a folder.
For example the files listed under the folder "My Music"
If so how?
Thanks for your time

Ken,

You may want to try opening a command prompt and changing into the folder
where the files are located and using the dir command as below:

dir > dirlist.txt

The above command will copy the contents of the directory listing from the
screen into the text file dirlist.txt. Then you can open the text file in
Notepad and edit the listing as needed. While at the command prompt if you
type DIR /? it will show you other command line switches that may be used to
change the details of the directory listing (i.e. if you want file names
only, date, size etc.). You can also change the order of the files in the
list using the sortorder option.

--
Carl Stephenson
Microsoft PSS