Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Battlefield
  • Elite
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
June 6, 2012 6:25:05 AM

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering why my system was not able to run battlefield 3, but was able to run sniper elite v2 even though they had the same minimum system requirements. I have a laptop with an intel core 2 duo p8600 @ 2.4 Ghz and an ATI mobility radeon HD 4530.

Thanks

More about : bf3 sniper elite system requirements

June 6, 2012 6:36:34 AM

weix11 said:
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering why my system was not able to run battlefield 3, but was able to run sniper elite v2 even though they had the same minimum system requirements. I have a laptop with an intel core 2 duo p8600 @ 2.4 Ghz and an ATI mobility radeon HD 4530.

Thanks

What resolution are you playing at?

Battlefield 3's listed minimum requirements are an absolute joke. If you upgrade to a quad core processor and a HD 7850 you should be fine.

How much RAM are you running?
m
l
June 6, 2012 6:41:21 AM

I set everything to low, so my resolution was 640x..., basically I set it to the lowest possible resolution. I have 512 mb of video ram.
m
l
Related resources
June 6, 2012 6:43:37 AM

weix11 said:
I set everything to low, so my resolution was 640x..., basically I set it to the lowest possible resolution. I have 512 mb of video ram.

Battlefield 3 uses 5GB of ram I'm pretty sure.
m
l
June 6, 2012 6:45:54 AM

So you mean battlefield uses 5 gb of normal ram?

Since I only have 4 gb of ram, is that why the loading screens are so slow then? and that the minimum requirements should be much higher than what is officially listed?
m
l
June 6, 2012 6:52:21 AM

HD 4530. is way way below minimum spec for bf3 and i dont think its anywhere near whats needed for sniper elite either.

so save your money and buy games that your lappy can play like angry birds.
sorry m8 your asking to much from very low end hardware. your lappy is great fro surfing the web and watching vids but mid and high end games are beyond it...
be realistic about what your lappy can do and you will never be disappointed...
if you want to play bf3 your looking at an 800+ spend on a desktop you could spend less but you wouldn't be happy with the results... check out this months 1000 build if you want ideas on a low end good performance build...

m
l
June 6, 2012 6:54:56 AM

weix11 said:
So you mean battlefield uses 5 gb of normal ram?

Since I only have 4 gb of ram, is that why the loading screens are so slow then? and that the minimum requirements should be much higher than what is officially listed?

Yeah, add another 4GB if you have another ram slot and you should be fine to run the game on lower settings however you may still need to upgrade your graphics card.

Yes the minimum requirements should be much higher than what they have listed.
m
l
June 6, 2012 6:56:31 AM

HEXiT said:
HD 4530. is way way below minimum spec for bf3 and i dont think its anywhere near whats needed for sniper elite either.

so save your money and buy games that your lappy can play like angry birds.
sorry m8 your asking to much from very low end hardware. your lappy is great fro surfing the web and watching vids but mid and high end games are beyond it...
be realistic about what your lappy can do and you will never be disappointed...
if you want to play bf3 your looking at an 800+ spend on a desktop you could spend less but you wouldn't be happy with the results... check out this months 1000 build if you want ideas on a low end good performance build...

Slightly off topic but could you please link me that $1000 build?

The build I'm making is going to cost a total of 1100 and I want to see how it compares.
m
l
!