Battlefield 3, how much better is it on PC?

Hey all.

I currently
play battlefield 3 on PS3 but am in the process of buying parts to build a PC. My main purpose for building this PC is to run Battlefield 3 nearly maxed.

I have a few questions:

1: How good does Battlefield 3 look on Ultra settings? If anyone has screen shots or quality videos please link them.

2: Is 32 and 64 player really as good as it sounds? Elaborate.

3: Does more players make the game harder, or easier? I would like to be able to maintain a positive K-D and a decent SPM.
I am not the greatest at this game on PS3 and my stats aren't very good but I had a big learning curve.

4: Is it worth building a 1,100 dollar computer to play this game?
9 answers Last reply
More about battlefield
  1. on a high end 2500k gtx 670 8gig, max settings. it looks so much better. in some respects almost photo realistic...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVjIcSSTyrI
  2. HEXiT said:
    on a high end 2500k gtx 670 8gig, max settings. it looks so much better. in some respects almost photo realistic...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVjIcSSTyrI


    Thanks, I'm going with a 3570k and a GTX 670. If I can't afford a GTX 670 it will be a GTX 570.

    Thanks for the link this video is already looking awesome.
  3. yeah it does look good. i wish i could embed it so every 1 could see it...
  4. Don't get a 570, you won't be able to run BF on ultra. I have 2 570's and still drop below 60 fps.
  5. bumnut53 said:
    Don't get a 570, you won't be able to run BF on ultra. I have 2 570's and still drop below 60 fps.


    I have heard of people getting an average of 50 FPS on 1080p with ultra settings using a GTX 570.

    I would love a GTX 670, but I cannot afford one.
  6. then i would say hold off buying a 570 till you can afford the 670... if you shop around you may be able to get 1 for £285/$440ish which aint a lot more than a oc version of the 570 which goes for around £235/$370ish there is a marked difference in performance so its well worth the extra... the best thing about it is that they are hard to find atm so if your not in a hurry then you can save up without it burning a hole in yer pocket...
  7. shoot, if you live in the US. you can just get a reference design and max BF3 out at 1080p. I know i see 80fps even 90fps and lowest i see is 55 or so (With Adaptive Vsync off)
  8. Rockdpm said:
    shoot, if you live in the US. you can just get a reference design and max BF3 out at 1080p. I know i see 80fps even 90fps and lowest i see is 55 or so (With Adaptive Vsync off)


    Is this for the GTX 670?

    I live in Australia.
  9. I like playing on the big maps with 48-64 people, more bodies to snipe :D
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Battlefield Games PlayStation Video Games