Lexmark X1150 won't install

Andy

I've recently bought a Lexmark C1150 All-in-one printer
and I'm having problmes installing it.

I've followed the procedure exactly but every time I
install it, the install program hangs after it's copied
all the files to my system. This seems to be because of
some kind of conflict with RUNDLL32.EXE (which also
crashes). All the software and drivers are installed
(Device Manager says all is well) and I can use the
scanner but if I try to use the printer I get told the
drivers aren't installed properly.

Can anyone help? Please! It's getting close to the time
where I try to fix it with a hammer!

Thanks!

Disconnect the printer from the computer and do a COMPLETE uninstall as per
Bruce Sanderson's instructions at:

Pay particular attention to steps 14 through 16.

After the cleanup, reboot. Download a new set of drivers from
www.lexmark.com and install the software. Do NOT reconnect the printer
until the software tells you to do so.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've recently bought a Lexmark C1150 All-in-one printer
> and I'm having problmes installing it.
>
> I've followed the procedure exactly but every time I
> install it, the install program hangs after it's copied
> all the files to my system. This seems to be because of
> some kind of conflict with RUNDLL32.EXE (which also
> crashes). All the software and drivers are installed
> (Device Manager says all is well) and I can use the
> scanner but if I try to use the printer I get told the
> drivers aren't installed properly.
>
> Can anyone help? Please! It's getting close to the time
> where I try to fix it with a hammer!
>
> Thanks!

Andy

Okay, I tried that but it didn't work. I'm having exactly
yhe same problem. The install won't run if the printer
isn't connected.