william

Have Windows XP home edition...................
Don't want to change the world,just want to PRINT SCREEN

The PrtScn key sends an image of the screen to the clipboard. You must then
open Paint (or any graphics program) and COPY that image to the application.

Then use Save As and choose jpg, bmp or whatever)
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"William" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Have Windows XP home edition...................
> Don't want to change the world,just want to PRINT SCREEN

I found this utility on the web. It will give you more options with
prntscrn.

http://www.webtree.ca/newlife/printkey_info.htm

> The PrtScn key sends an image of the screen to the clipboard. You must
then
> open Paint (or any graphics program) and COPY that image to the
application.

> Then use Save As and choose jpg, bmp or whatever)
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "William" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Have Windows XP home edition...................
> > Don't want to change the world,just want to PRINT SCREEN

OK. I downloaded this utility and it's wonderful. When you install it, it
runs in the background. When you press the prntscrn button it captures the
screen and opens an application that allows you to print the image, save it,
select a section of the screen or select an object (window) etc.

I just downloaded the free version and I give it *****(5 stars).