S6300NX Motherboard Drivers update

Asus 7V8X-LA

Does anyone know some way to get the driver updates for this board? I've
updated the BIOS at HP but I am looking to install a new AGP video card. I've
updated the VIA chipset as ATI recommended but I have been totally stonewalled
at the ASUS site to update the MOBO drivers. None of the download sites work.
I've filled out the tech support form. That took about an hour. They wanted
every serial number, update code, etc for every device. When I finaly submitted
the form, "ERROR, try again later."
The Gamester

Homepage
http://members.aol.com/wergames
(I'm not a commie merely a Trotskyite revisionist)
4 answers Last reply
More about s6300nx motherboard drivers update

    The only drivers available for your Presario are here:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=390426&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&os=228

    Asus makes the motherboard exclusively for Compaq and does not provide
    support for it directly. It is not listed on their website as far as
    drivers/support. Same situation with the last two Presarios I had/have. If
    you would state the issues you are having with the ATI card, we might be
    able to help. I installed a 256MB ATI 9200 card in my Presario SR1000Z with
    no problems at all. It has an Asus A7V8X-LA motherboard with VIA KM400A
    chipset.
    HH

    "Gamester" <gamepicks@aol.commie.com> wrote in message
    > Asus 7V8X-LA
    >
    > Does anyone know some way to get the driver updates for this board? I've
    > updated the BIOS at HP but I am looking to install a new AGP video card.
    > I've
    > updated the VIA chipset as ATI recommended but I have been totally
    > stonewalled
    > at the ASUS site to update the MOBO drivers. None of the download sites
    > work.
    > I've filled out the tech support form. That took about an hour. They
    > wanted
    > every serial number, update code, etc for every device. When I finaly
    > submitted
    > the form, "ERROR, try again later."
    > The Gamester
    >
    > Homepage
    > http://members.aol.com/wergames
    > (I'm not a commie merely a Trotskyite revisionist)

    >The only drivers available for your Presario are here:
    >

    >http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=390426&lang=en&cc
    =us&lc=en&dlc=en&os=228

    I've been there. I did the BIOS update. I also updated the VIA chipset with
    Hyperion 4 in 1 dated Aug. 2004 at viaarena.com as ATI recommended.

    >Asus makes the motherboard exclusively for Compaq and does not provide
    >support for it directly. It is not listed on their website as far as
    >drivers/support.

    I did find it there but none of the download sites worked

    Same situation with the last two Presarios I had/have. If
    >you would state the issues you are having with the ATI card, we might be
    >able to help.

    ATI radeon 9600 xt. No output. Black screen. I've tried with the omb video
    uninstalled then disabled, and then both. Nothing.

    I installed a 256MB ATI 9200 card in my Presario SR1000Z with
    >no problems at all. It has an Asus A7V8X-LA motherboard with VIA KM400A
    >chipset.
    >HH

    I tried a Vtech 9600 Xtasy previously. There was output but it was distorted.
    I did not update the Via chipset drivers at that time. The HP c00007413 video
    card replacement instructions never mentioned driver updates nor did the Vtech
    instructions. There was a signal but the screen had dashed vertical lines
    across the screen at all times. I exchanged that card for another identical
    one. I never got a signal from that second card.

    I thought ATI might be better.. ATI was the first to mention GART drivers in
    that booklet. GART drivers were included in the VIA Hyperion 4 in 1 update
    drivers.

    Thanks for responding.
    The Gamester

    Homepage
    http://members.aol.com/wergames
    (I'm not a commie merely a Trotskyite revisionist)

    The only difference I see in our 2 motherboards is, although they both are
    A7V8X-LA Asus boards, the one for my SR1000Z lists a VIA KM400A chipset vs.
    your KM400. I know the SR1000Z is a newer product by about 6 months. Both
    show the AGP slot to be a standard 8X/4X 1.5V slot. Are you resetting your
    video to Standard VGA in Windows before shutting down to install the new
    card? Did you check the BIOS to see if there is a setting for "VGA Pallete
    Snoop"? If there is, make sure it is OFF/Disabled.

    > >The only drivers available for your Presario are here:
    >>

    >>http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?product=390426&lang=en&cc
    > =us&lc=en&dlc=en&os=228
    >
    > I've been there. I did the BIOS update. I also updated the VIA chipset
    > with
    > Hyperion 4 in 1 dated Aug. 2004 at viaarena.com as ATI recommended.
    >

    >>Asus makes the motherboard exclusively for Compaq and does not provide
    >>support for it directly. It is not listed on their website as far as
    >>drivers/support.
    >
    > I did find it there but none of the download sites worked
    >
    > Same situation with the last two Presarios I had/have. If
    >>you would state the issues you are having with the ATI card, we might be
    >>able to help.
    >
    > ATI radeon 9600 xt. No output. Black screen. I've tried with the omb
    > video
    > uninstalled then disabled, and then both. Nothing.
    >
    > I installed a 256MB ATI 9200 card in my Presario SR1000Z with
    >>no problems at all. It has an Asus A7V8X-LA motherboard with VIA KM400A
    >>chipset.
    >>HH
    >
    > I tried a Vtech 9600 Xtasy previously. There was output but it was
    > distorted.
    > I did not update the Via chipset drivers at that time. The HP c00007413
    > video
    > card replacement instructions never mentioned driver updates nor did the
    > Vtech
    > instructions. There was a signal but the screen had dashed vertical lines
    > across the screen at all times. I exchanged that card for another
    > identical
    > one. I never got a signal from that second card.
    >
    > I thought ATI might be better.. ATI was the first to mention GART drivers
    > in
    > that booklet. GART drivers were included in the VIA Hyperion 4 in 1 update
    > drivers.
    >
    > Thanks for responding.
    > The Gamester
    >
    > Homepage
    > http://members.aol.com/wergames
    > (I'm not a commie merely a Trotskyite revisionist)

    >Are you resetting your
    >video to Standard VGA in Windows before shutting down to install the new

    That would be 640 X 480 with 8 bit color? No.

    >card? Did you check the BIOS to see if there is a setting for "VGA Pallete
    >Snoop"? If there is, make sure it is OFF/Disabled.

    I did check the BIOS and saw no Pallette Snoop. The video card was set to PCI.
    I changed that to AGP/OMB, tried again, no difference.

    The Gamester

    Homepage
    http://members.aol.com/wergames
    (I'm not a commie merely a Trotskyite revisionist)

Compaq Computers