Emulating an Original Game Disk

amdenthusiast

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
I bought a couple of original games. And I want the DVDs to be really scratch less and like new. So is there any way, I can emulate the original disk through some software? I'll make an image, mount it and play all the time. So I don't have to change disks for every game now and then...

amdenthusiast

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Doesn't work. I tried doing it with GTA San Andreas just now. Downloaded the latest version of deamon tools. Ticked all the advanced emulation features like secureROM. Mounted in SCSI drive.
It says "The original disc could not be authenticated".

And it makes sense too. Coz otherwise, a guy would upload an image of the original game, and everyone world would use it to play online. Isn't it?

try adding a dt virtual drive--not a virtual scsi drive

i use it to install all my software as i can never find the disc i want so made images of them all on an external drive

so you might be right about games--but my virtual drive isnt an scsi one its ide so dont know if that makes a difference

amdenthusiast

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Still no luck.
I've also been using deamon tools for quite a long time. But I never tried emulating an Original disk which passes the authentication test.
I can't crack the games too, coz I want to play online multilayer...