Oki 320 print problem

I tried 3 computers with Windows XP installed and Oki ML 320 Elite and
won't work.

If I select test page in the driver but nothing print.

DIR > LPT1: in dos box return to prompt without printing anything.

I change almost everything in bios (Normal, EPP, ECP) and parallel
driver from ECP to standard without luck.
I even tried to set interrupt and legacy mode, change a dozen of
cables.

It seems the printer works only in MSDOS and Windows 98.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Giorgio
giorgio@riccione.net

Windows XP has two different drivers for this printer. One is marked
(Microline) and the other is marked (IBM) in the listing in the Add printer
wizard. The Epson FX286e driver should also work well.

You select the one to install and use depending on how the printer is set
up. Or, alternately, install and use the (Microline) driver and set up the
printer for its "native" mode.

See
http://www.precision.com/Printer%20Manuals/Okidata%20ML320_321%20Manual.pdf
Especially note:
Changing Emulations and Selecting a Printer Driver sections.

The printer probably will work best with the BIOS set to Standard for Lpt1.
ECP and EPP settings will probably send data to the printer faster than it
can process it.

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP-DTS