RPC server unavailiable

webchimp

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2004

Hi, I've got a problem with my printers.
I have a Samsung ML-1510 (laser) and a HP PSC 1110 (all-in-
one), both were working fine, until recently.
I wanted to move them to another part of my desk, so I
bought a 4-port mini hub and connected them to that.
Both my printers have dissapeared fron the 'Printers and
Faxes' list in control panel.
When plugged in, the HP is recognised as new hardware, but
won't install, and the Samsung is simply not recognised at
all.
I've removed the 4-port hub and have pluged the printers
back into the pc directly but this has made no difference.
I've tried re-installing the drivers etc.
With the HP, everything installs fine, but it still does
not exist.
When I try to re-install the Samsung I get several Error
messages, the firt being;

sspnt2kxp
! The RPC server is unavailiable.

then

An error occured during Samsung ML-1510-700 Series
installation. The setup will now close.

finaly

IKernal.exe - Application error
The instruction at "0x771c76cb" referenced memory
at "ox001695d8". The memory could not be "read".

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers Mik

Hi,

As far as I understand, the Hub is a Parallel Port one
and not a normal Data Switch. These hubs have to be
installed without switching on both input and output
devices to it. Also, you need to Uninstall the device and
clean the registry and then reinstall the drivers when
trying to access devices through this Hub.

Just confirm whether this Hub is of a USB or Parallel
interface.

Loganatr