need help with printing to a u s b printer

August 2, 2004 5:27:00 PM

This office currently has three machines that have xp
installed. we purchased a new printer(hp desk jet 5150)
i was selected to set the printer up so we could all use
it.

Problem i have is the most important program we use is in
dos and i cannot figure out how to set xp up to allow dos
based programs to print to this printer?? please? anyone.
Thank you so much in advance.
Carrie

More about : printing printer

Anonymous
August 2, 2004 5:33:37 PM

See Bruce Sanderson's article at
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Carrie" <carrie@hchaynes.com> wrote in message
> This office currently has three machines that have xp
> installed. we purchased a new printer(hp desk jet 5150)
> i was selected to set the printer up so we could all use
> it.
>
> Problem i have is the most important program we use is in
> dos and i cannot figure out how to set xp up to allow dos
> based programs to print to this printer?? please? anyone.
> Thank you so much in advance.
> Carrie
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 1:26:12 AM

Carrie,

> Problem i have is the most important program we use is in
> dos and i cannot figure out how to set xp up to allow dos
> based programs to print to this printer?? please? anyone.

Accordingly to the HP website:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/ho/WF06b/18972-236...
304430-304432-304433.html?jumpid=oc_R1002_USENC-001_HP%20Deskjet%205150%20co
lor%20inkjet%20printer
the 5150 has PCL3 built in (so, suggestions on Bruce Sanderson's article at
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm should work), but the HP
web page says also "does not support MS-DOS".

Please, let us know if Sanderson's article works for you.

Regards,
Davide Guolo
Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
http://www.guolo.com/printfil
Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all