need help with printing to a u s b printer

This office currently has three machines that have xp
installed. we purchased a new printer(hp desk jet 5150)
i was selected to set the printer up so we could all use
it.

Problem i have is the most important program we use is in
dos and i cannot figure out how to set xp up to allow dos
based programs to print to this printer?? please? anyone.
Thank you so much in advance.
Carrie
2
answers
Last reply
More about need printing printer

    See Bruce Sanderson's article at
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Carrie" <carrie@hchaynes.com> wrote in message
    > This office currently has three machines that have xp
    > installed. we purchased a new printer(hp desk jet 5150)
    > i was selected to set the printer up so we could all use
    > it.
    >
    > Problem i have is the most important program we use is in
    > dos and i cannot figure out how to set xp up to allow dos
    > based programs to print to this printer?? please? anyone.
    > Thank you so much in advance.
    > Carrie

    Carrie,

    > Problem i have is the most important program we use is in
    > dos and i cannot figure out how to set xp up to allow dos
    > based programs to print to this printer?? please? anyone.

    Accordingly to the HP website:
    http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/ho/WF06b/18972-236251-236261-14438-f25-
    304430-304432-304433.html?jumpid=oc_R1002_USENC-001_HP%20Deskjet%205150%20co
    lor%20inkjet%20printer
    the 5150 has PCL3 built in (so, suggestions on Bruce Sanderson's article at
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm should work), but the HP
    web page says also "does not support MS-DOS".

    Please, let us know if Sanderson's article works for you.

    Regards,
    Davide Guolo
    Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
    http://www.guolo.com/printfil
    Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
    http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all

Printers Windows XP