HP6110 Printer Won't Print

August 2, 2004 6:34:56 PM

I have had this printer connected to system for over a
year and it worked fine. I suspect in one of the
automatic updates from Microsoft, something went amiss
and now printer hangs and will not print. Tech Support
at HP said I needed to "update the USB chip set" I
contacted Sony (PCU brand) and am unable to find an
update for the chip set. Any suggestions?

More about : hp6110 printer print

August 2, 2004 6:52:06 PM

In reading the newsgroup farther, I see that "Lady
Cinnamon", posted July 31, 2004, has almost the identical
issue that I have. Perhaps if she has found an answer it
will also correct my problem.

Anonymous
August 2, 2004 10:49:09 PM

I would try removing the printer driver, downloading the latest from HP's
web site and installing it according to the instructions.

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP-DTS

"Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have had this printer connected to system for over a
> year and it worked fine. I suspect in one of the
> automatic updates from Microsoft, something went amiss
> and now printer hangs and will not print. Tech Support
> at HP said I needed to "update the USB chip set" I
> contacted Sony (PCU brand) and am unable to find an
> update for the chip set. Any suggestions?
Related resources
August 2, 2004 10:49:10 PM

I have done that several times. It prints for a little
while, then does the same thing again. Only way I can
get it to print is to tell it to make a "copy" (this is
an all-in-one printer) and then it prints out from queue
the print jobs that were sent originally, or by
unplugging the printer after waiting forever (like 10-15
minutes) for it to delete the print job and then
reconnecting the power source and it prints for a few
times until it hangs again. I have uninstalled the
printer numerous times, used both my original
installation disk for driver installation as well as
downloaded from the web the drivers for it and installed
those and have the same issue. Something went amiss when
the automatic updates for Windows was installed in Mid
July. I've been experiencing these problems for the past
week, at least. Any further insight?

Anonymous
August 3, 2004 12:33:32 AM

For diagnostic purposes, enter the driver settings and change the device
settings to print directly to the printer. Start Printers and fazes
Highlight printer Right click Properties Advanced)Turn off background
printing in word if it is on (Tools Options Print).

Do you have a system restore point for any date previous to the suspected
faulty update? Is the update you suspect listed in Control Panel Add
Remove programs list ?

>I have done that several times. It prints for a little
> while, then does the same thing again. Only way I can
> get it to print is to tell it to make a "copy" (this is
> an all-in-one printer) and then it prints out from queue
> the print jobs that were sent originally, or by
> unplugging the printer after waiting forever (like 10-15
> minutes) for it to delete the print job and then
> reconnecting the power source and it prints for a few
> times until it hangs again. I have uninstalled the
> printer numerous times, used both my original
> installation disk for driver installation as well as
> downloaded from the web the drivers for it and installed
> those and have the same issue. Something went amiss when
> the automatic updates for Windows was installed in Mid
> July. I've been experiencing these problems for the past
> week, at least. Any further insight?

Anonymous
September 9, 2004 3:31:07 AM

make sure your printer is connected to the correct port in the xp software.
there is a long list of ports...if you are using a usb port and you see your
printer listed next to it, check this port only.

good luck...

!