Sign in with
Your question

BF3 - Skill transfer from PS3 to PC?

Last response: in Video Games
June 7, 2012 8:24:13 AM

Hey all.

I currently play on PS3 and I completely suck at this game at the moment and I am getting it on PC soon and I am looking forward to a fresh start.

I had a few weeks where I was normally going positive or even but I have not been playing much lately and when I go I have been playing horribly, I can't quite work out why.

Anyway I was just wondering if this game is any easier on PC as there are more players and therefore more people to kill. Also the benefit of using a mouse. Playstation controllers are a pain in the ass and I don't know if it's just me but I never feel quite connected to my gun in this game on PS3. I swear that there is a split second delayed reaction from when my gun moves after I move my analog stick.

How does this game go on PC? In my opinion there are not enough people on PS3 to play conquest on the larger maps, it's a shame to see Caspian and Firestorm go to waste.

Also, does PC have un ranked servers I can play on for a few days to get a feel for everything that won't go towards my stats?

More about : bf3 skill transfer ps3

June 7, 2012 8:30:11 AM

Accuracy is definitely much more higher on the PC. You will have to get used to it because of muscle memory. But over time your skills will improve. It looks like your talking about Battlefield 3. There are some really good people on the PC. Yes they have unranked servers, but not many.

The biggest advantage you have is knowing the maps.
m
l
June 7, 2012 8:40:54 AM

fantastik250 said:
Accuracy is definitely much more higher on the PC. You will have to get used to it because of muscle memory. But over time your skills will improve. It looks like your talking about Battlefield 3. There are some really good people on the PC. Yes they have unranked servers, but not many.

The biggest advantage you have is knowing the maps.

Sorry yeah I meant Battlefield 3. I put BF3 in the title of the thread lol :p  What do you mean by muscle memory? Yeah I imagine that I will be much more accurate with a mouse. I used to play a bit of CS: Source and F.E.A.R combat and it always felt a lot better. I don't know why I didn't build a PC sooner (I'm about to build one).

I know most of the map basics, where flags are and the most covered routes between them etc.
m
l
Related resources
June 7, 2012 8:46:14 AM

More people to kill = more people to kill you :) 
m
l
June 7, 2012 8:56:13 AM

bumnut53 said:
More people to kill = more people to kill you :) 

This is true. Same advantage and same disadvantage. I need to learn how to out play people better.

I just don't want to spend 1100 dollars building a PC to fail at the game. I'm hoping to hold at least a 1 K-D and 350 SPM but we will see how I go.
Either way though it will be a lot better than PS3, the amount of time you spend running around doing nothing, lucky to ever find 2-3 enemies at one base.

I'm going to start fresh and play all classes. On PS3 I play too much recon and assault.

If I start fresh, learn to use cover better, get good with the mouse and shooting then I should be sweet.
m
l
!