Sign in with
Your question

What do ya'll think of the Swiftech MC462A for AMD

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 23, 2001 8:49:53 PM

I'm most likely going to purchase an AMD T-bird 1ghz or 1.2ghz and I want to overclock. For those of you who have them, are they worth the money? Does it live up to all the hype? What would be your second choice?

Veni.
Vedi.
Veci.

More about : swiftech mc462a amd

July 23, 2001 11:29:59 PM

Way too much money...2nd choice would be the Millennium Glaciator.

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 24, 2001 3:20:14 AM

Well, i have one and it's the best of its class!
But price is a little heavy (I got it for free so can't complain)!
Consider the price of 90 w/out shipping, you may want to consider these choice:
1. Spend 30 more and build yourself a water coolign unit
($25 for radiator from car part shop transmision cooller, another 35 for waterblock, 50 for pump + storage
and 20 for the rest of the little crap)
2. Go for some other great heatsink if you're a little scare of the water cooling stuff! (Thermosonic Thermoengine i saw over at www.2cooltek.com is about 32 w/out shipping and the preformance is not bad!

Good luck!
Hehe!
a b K Overclocking
July 24, 2001 1:05:36 PM

I got one and it rocks ... but beware, bad casing ventilation could seriously hinder the performance ... when the air inside your casing is at 35-40C, then don't expect your CPU to be at lower 40s ...

I know since I still plan to add a fan on the site (I have no space behind CPU) but still my CPU NEVER got over 55C under heavy load (wich is pretty much) with a closed casing and air temperature reaching 35C (outdoor). I made a little test opening my casing a puting a desktop fan besside my tower ... my cpu dropped to lower 40 under heavy load (Half-Life for an hour and a half).
!