Slot cooler question

lamer_gamer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
I'm thinking of adding a slot cooler to help draw warm air away from my graphics card. I have the pci slot just underneath my agp, and there's also a space above. I'm not sure if placing it underneath (which is, obviously, where the gpu heatsink is), or over the card (since heat rises) would work the best. Any thoughts on which would be most efficient?

My brain has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down

mark_h

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001
UNDER THE GRAPHICS CARD !!!!!!
thats the problem with tower cases the heat from the gpu/memory cant rise because the cards in the way!!!
i find slot coolers work very well

G

I have a slot cooler installed under my ASUS V7100 videocard. There wasn't any room above it. It works ok, and it will suck the hot air away from the GPU fan/heatsink so the heat doesn't have time to rise up into the case.
The airflow of the slot cooler is not as high as a normal 8cm case fan, but that is because it is positioned horizontally.

Oh, i just thought about this.. the back side of the videocard also gets pretty hot, how about installing another slot cooler there too? You do have space for it, so use it!! Remember to add some intake fans too to keep the airpressure high enough...

Beware, do not become a cooling junkie like me.. :)

My case looks like a windtunnel and sounds like a hoovercraft!

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS