Few more simple case fan questions from me

G

What's the largest size? 120mm?

Is is possible to get quiet ones? I'm only gonna install one and it would be a shame to have it loud. How much more money would i spend on a quieter one?

Just for the info i plan to have a large case fan for intake aligned with cpu and covering the ram as well.
Thnx

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!

Helpmostimes

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2001
Well i have a full tower..T 1.2..I can give you all the bells and? well you know..120s..are going to be loud.Well not a real lot but you will hear it..As far as case cooling?You want good cooling?You are going to get noise..There is no real science to cooling.People might tell you how to do it,but its more of an experiment..The way i have done it is to put a out fan next to my CPU..that way i can feel the heat...Your case,and config has a lot to do with it..Know body can give you a good answer..Ill probably burn for this but its a fact...no 1 set up is for everyone...I could tell you what i have,but its your call.To many cool problems,and not enough anwers. Like they say" if you want to play.your going to pay...That is crap....Do your home work.

G

Its a matter of trial and see.
Some sites>
<A HREF="http://www.coolerguys.com/" target="_new">Coolers</A>
<A HREF="http://www.overclockers.com/tips461/" target="_new"> Case fan setup basics</A>

<font color=blue>Is there a forum </font color=blue><font color=purple>for forum addiction?</font color=purple>

That's some set-up!

Here's a quick question.

I'll have 1 x 80mm sucky on bottom front. 1 x 80mm sucky on side (for hsf/graphics). 2 x 80mm blow on roof. 1 x 80mm sucky inside PSU.

Will this set-up be ok for internal pressure or is it too much/little?

<b>
"Now drop your weapons or I'll kill him with this deadly jelly baby." :wink:
</b>

G

Yes, as long as they are all the same rating fans you will have internal pressure. I think as long as you can get a flow through from front to back/top this should move that hot/warm air and replace it with cooler air. The more fans to a point you have the more noise, and less heat inside that case, so its a question of can you put up with the noise.. There is no real limit to the size of fans you can buy, I would only use upto 120mm myself. Some manufacturers have specifications like if its ball bearing or bushed,power consumption, noise in Db and size. All I have done is add one fan at a time, I know have 6 fans plus HSF. A little noisy, but I have the radio on most of the time and it lives under my bench so I never hear it that much.

<font color=blue>Is there a forum </font color=blue><font color=purple>for forum addiction?</font color=purple><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scotty3303 on 07/26/01 08:32 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

I think you mean blow in that PSU.

<font color=blue>Is there a forum </font color=blue><font color=purple>for forum addiction?</font color=purple>