installing fax software

Hi Am trying to install the fax software in HOME EDITION ,however when I go
to the installation wizard in installing windows components I click the fax
sevices. I then get the configuration box which tells me to get files needed
frm XP HOME EDITION CD ROM COPY FILES FROM C\WINDOWS\ OPTIONS\INSTALL\i386.
iT TELLS ME TO INSTALL THE FILES fxscfgwz.dll. Nothing happens. Can anyone
tell me how to install the fax.
pleaeease help bill bartlett
2 answers Last reply
More about installing software

    "bill bartlett" wrote:

    > Hi Am trying to install the fax software in HOME EDITION ,however when I go
    > to the installation wizard in installing windows components I click the fax
    > sevices. I then get the configuration box which tells me to get files needed
    > frm XP HOME EDITION CD ROM COPY FILES FROM C\WINDOWS\ OPTIONS\INSTALL\i386.
    > iT TELLS ME TO INSTALL THE FILES fxscfgwz.dll. Nothing happens. Can anyone
    > tell me how to install the fax.
    > pleaeease help bill bartlett

    When the installation routine is unable to find the necessary installation
    files (even when directed to the appropriate i386 Folder) it usually means
    that the installation files are compressed. This is often the case when the
    files are pre-copied by a manufacturer on the hard drive. If you do a search
    for the files that the installation routine claims are missing (fxsapi.dll
    and fxcfgwz.dll) you won't find them, but you will find fxsapi.dl_ and
    fxcfgwz.dl_ (note than an Underscore character replaces the last letter in
    the filename). These are compressed DLL files and will need to be
    decompressed. Double click on them and you will get a prompt for the file to
    use to open them. Click on BROWSE. and select Win32 Cabinet Self Extractor,
    which is in the system folder. With any luck it will uncompress them all and
    make them visible as DLL files. The install routine still may not find these
    files. If so, then you must manually direct the installation routine to the
    i386 folder that contains these extracted files.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com
    "bill bartlett" <billbartlett@talk21.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Am trying to install the fax software in HOME EDITION ,however when I
    go
    > to the installation wizard in installing windows components I click the
    fax
    > sevices. I then get the configuration box which tells me to get files
    needed
    > frm XP HOME EDITION CD ROM COPY FILES FROM C\WINDOWS\
    OPTIONS\INSTALL\i386.
    > iT TELLS ME TO INSTALL THE FILES fxscfgwz.dll. Nothing happens. Can anyone
    > tell me how to install the fax.
    > pleaeease help bill bartlett

Fax Software Windows XP