Good airlow without the sound, is it possible?

G

I heard people complaining about the noise thier cases make with only a few case fans... can you buy better fans, that don't make that much noise, or are you stuck with the loud sound?

Same question for HSFs... anyone know any quiet ones with decent cooling power?

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!

mikek65051

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
My comp was so loud that my ears were ringing. I am not kidding sounds like a hair dryer blowing inside the case. I am now unable to even hear it at all. Want to know how, I did not change a thing same fans same everything.

This is what I did:

I went nuts and cut a hole in the wall then put my case in the other room all cables reached fine except for the monitor, but got an extention.

Problem Solved!
Now how do I solve that slight buzzing noise coming from the monitor?

I keep posting this one, and I'm sure you'll think I work for them (actually the guy there is chuffed that I keep posting this).

<A HREF="http://www.quietpc.com/casefans.html" target="_new">http://www.quietpc.com/casefans.html</A>

Remember, the fans are PSU connected.

<b>
"Now drop your weapons or I'll kill him with this deadly jelly baby." :wink:
</b>

Helpmostimes

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2001
If you have a Pentium,you might be allright..With an Atlon? dont mess around..Its better to be safe than sorry..

High in .High out.Noise follows.Live with it

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
I bought the Thermaltake 60mm HSF rated at 31cfm and 28db to replace my Delta fan. And let me tell you, the difference is amazing. I can now hear my hard drive being accesed, that's the next step. I also run 4 80mm antec case fans that are virtually silent.

Temps right now are 30C for the CPU and 28 for the case.

<b>"These are my thoughts, your mileage may vary."

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
Here's what I did to dampen noise and it worked really good. I fixed neoprene to the inner side panels with RTV
silicon rubber to stop vibration. Then I fixed 1-2" think
foam on top of the neoprene. Next I placed the foam padding
on all the bare surfaces inside the case...like on the top,
in the 5-1/4 bays, and filled all the open gaps on the sides...etc. This actaully worked like charm.
I have pics if you care to see.

"That's right, I'm the guy who can feel the difference between 50FPS & 100FPS in LandWarrior."

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you can get quieter fans... go for water cooling or the like if you want true quiet...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

G

BUD i would really like to see the pics... pleez post em or if you want an ftp to dump them to i could provide that as well.

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!