Apart from BF3 & COD, what other good FPS games are out there?

Hey all.

For those who haven't seen my posts before, I am in the process of buying parts towards building my first gaming PC.
Apart from BF3 and MW3, I haven't really got a lot of games listed because I really don't know many. I don't watch heaps of TV and I really don't know what games are out there at the moment.

I am mainly interested in playing online FPS games, so apart from Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty, what else is out there?

My specs are going to be ASRock Z77 Extreme4, i5-3570k & GTX 670.

Please help me find more games to play! Thanks.
12 answers Last reply
More about apart good games there
  1. How about games like Brink, Homefront, Bullet Storm and Rage. You can also visit GameSpot for game reference and updates.
  2. Multiplayer

Counterstrike Source
    Team Fortress 2
    Day of Defeat source
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Battlefield Bad Company 2
    Killing Floor
    Red Orchestra 2

Singleplayer

Metro 2033
    Crysis
    Crysis 2
  3. Red Orchestra 2 is great. A WW2 shooter based on the battle of Stalingrad with a focus on realism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ElF5To9Z8&feature=relmfu

I have some guest passes for it if you want to give it a go so add me on Steam (evilsooty999) and I'll send you one.
  4. Along with all the others that have been mentioned, i like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, they're not as polished as most games but the atmosphere created by the lighting, sound effects make it brilliant. Think of a post apocalyptic FPS/RPG that makes you scared playing alone in a dark room!
  5. Here's a few more good games that haven't been mentioned:

Aliens Vs Predator (2010 version)
    Bioshock 1 & 2 (great story and atmosphere)
    Dead Island (good zombie mashing action rpg fps)
    Far Cry 2 (though respawns can be annoying)
    Deus Ex Human Revolution (focus more on story with rpg elements)
    Half-life 2 + Episodes 1 & 2 (one of the greatest, and still holds up today)
    Portal 1 & 2 (puzzler FPS with great story and humour)
    Sniper Elite V2 (good sniping)
  6. evilsooty said:
    Red Orchestra 2 is great. A WW2 shooter based on the battle of Stalingrad with a focus on realism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ElF5To9Z8&feature=relmfu

I have some guest passes for it if you want to give it a go so add me on Steam (evilsooty999) and I'll send you one.

RO2 is cool, I picked it up for £6 off Steam last week :)
  7. Try
    Medal of honor
    Crysis
    Call of jaurez (the spelling might be wrong)
    Max Payne 3
    Mass effect 1,2,3(play them in a flow by continuing from the save files of the previous one)
  8. Khalan said:
    Here's a few more good games that haven't been mentioned:

Aliens Vs Predator (2010 version)
    Bioshock 1 & 2 (great story and atmosphere)
    Dead Island (good zombie mashing action rpg fps)
    Far Cry 2 (though respawns can be annoying)
    Deus Ex Human Revolution (focus more on story with rpg elements)
    Half-life 2 + Episodes 1 & 2 (one of the greatest, and still holds up today)
    Portal 1 & 2 (puzzler FPS with great story and humour)
    Sniper Elite V2 (good sniping)

Good games but none of them are online fps, except fot AvP, and I highly doubt the multiplayer is still active anymore.
  9. I would agree with Khalan on Bioshock 1 and 2. Two of the greatest games i've played.
  10. Gothams Finest said:
    Good games but none of them are online fps, except fot AvP, and I highly doubt the multiplayer is still active anymore.

Sorry, missed the online bit. (Dead Island and Portal 2 can be played coop though).
  11. Khalan said:
    Sorry, missed the online bit. (Dead Island and Portal 2 can be played coop though).

No need to apologize :). It would seem you're not the only one who missed that bit. You suggested some great games, I just didn't want the OP to think that they where online FPS games.
  12. free to play Blacklight Retribution, great game, CoD style with a few modern twists and very doable without needing to pay anything. also f2p quakelive.com, good ol' Q3A in your browser. F2P, but kind of pushing for $25/y subscription. also .. it's hard.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Battlefield Games Call of Duty Video Games