can't add new printer!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

When I recently wanted to changed computer domains for many computers
in a network I can't open the add printer wizard and I can't the
following message:

Operation could not be completed

I checked just about everything possible but still am without success.
The printer spool service keeps stopping everytime I try to add a new
printer.

I even tried formatting my computer but as soon as I join the computer
to this domain I get the same error message.

please help!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about printer
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Sounds like a corrupt registry print key to me. Here's a Microsoft Knowledge Base article that may help. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757&Product=winxp A clean print key performs wonders sometimes!

    "Dave" wrote:

    > When I recently wanted to changed computer domains for many computers
    > in a network I can't open the add printer wizard and I can't the
    > following message:
    >
    > Operation could not be completed
    >
    > I checked just about everything possible but still am without success.
    > The printer spool service keeps stopping everytime I try to add a new
    > printer.
    >
    > I even tried formatting my computer but as soon as I join the computer
    > to this domain I get the same error message.
    >
    > please help!!!

Microsoft Printers Windows XP