Multiple Fax Modems in One WinXP System

I've been trying to figure out how to do this, but I
can't seem to locate any information.

1) I have 5 fax/modems in a Windows XP Pro SP1 box.
2) I have a seperate line for each fax/modem.
3) I want all five fax/modems to be able to receive a fax
and print it. (Preferably at the same time)

Is there any way to do this or am I wasting my time?

This is probably a waste of time. The XP Fax service is designed for a
single, stand alone user. It cannot act as a fax server nor can it be a
client with anything but the shared fax service provided by either Small
Business Server or Windows 2003 Server. Another consideration is that XP
Pro will not support more than 10 user connections. Add to that the fact
that the XP Fax service is very similar to the Windows 2000 fax service
which supports a maximum of 2 fax modems, and the prospects look a bit on
the dim side.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"AFritz" <sysadmin@REMOVEssa-i.org> wrote in message
> I've been trying to figure out how to do this, but I
> can't seem to locate any information.
>
> 1) I have 5 fax/modems in a Windows XP Pro SP1 box.
> 2) I have a seperate line for each fax/modem.
> 3) I want all five fax/modems to be able to receive a fax
> and print it. (Preferably at the same time)
>
> Is there any way to do this or am I wasting my time?

So could I set up a Windows server 2003 to do the job? I don't actually
need any user connections I just wanted it to consolidate all the fax lines
to receive and then print out on a network printer.

"Hal Hostetler [MVP-DTS]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
> This is probably a waste of time. The XP Fax service is designed for a
> single, stand alone user. It cannot act as a fax server nor can it be a
> client with anything but the shared fax service provided by either Small
> Business Server or Windows 2003 Server. Another consideration is that XP
> Pro will not support more than 10 user connections. Add to that the fact
> that the XP Fax service is very similar to the Windows 2000 fax service
> which supports a maximum of 2 fax modems, and the prospects look a bit on
> the dim side.
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
> Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "AFritz" <sysadmin@REMOVEssa-i.org> wrote in message
> > I've been trying to figure out how to do this, but I
> > can't seem to locate any information.
> >
> > 1) I have 5 fax/modems in a Windows XP Pro SP1 box.
> > 2) I have a seperate line for each fax/modem.
> > 3) I want all five fax/modems to be able to receive a fax
> > and print it. (Preferably at the same time)
> >
> > Is there any way to do this or am I wasting my time?

You really need Windows Data Center to support so many Modems.

--
R. Sridharan [MSFT]

purposes only.'