Small issue

Hi there

I have a customer who has a network with Windows XP pro. They all print to
a HP Laserjet 4000. The Laserjet 4000 has two high capacity bins and the
trouble they are having is if one bin runs out of paper it automatically
starts printing from the second which is bad because the second bin has
letterhead paper in it. There was an option on the printer called auto
continue and I turned that off. I think the printer is getting a command
from the client computers telling it to continue when a tray gets empty.

Any ideas??

Cheers in advance

Daniel.

normally the driver defaults to Auto Select on the bin assignment. This
means any tray that holds letter will be selected. Since it sounds like a
server is not involved, reconfiguring the physical printer tray assignments
would be easier than configuring the default print driver settings at each
workstation.

You will need to run through the 4000 config menus or read the manual to
define this on the printer.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team