Windows XP 64 Bit and HP 3550 Deskjet problem

Hello,

I have download windows 64 bit evaluation from the
Microsoft
website, installed, and worked for quite a while.

However, I cannot install my HP3550 driver on it.

I have contacted HP USA, and we tried a step by step
support, with
no luck, they said I should contact microsoft instead.

Well, I have contacted microsoft israel's phone support,
obviously,
as expected, they don't support 64 bit, so he referred me
msforum.

I have tried to add the printer using the add printer
wizard, by
specifying a location to the .inf, it gets all the way
allmost, at about
99% it stops and an error occurs: "Printer driver not
installed. could
not finish the process".

Does anyone has an idea on how to override it ?

Daniel Engelman
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 3550 deskjet problem

    Does HP even have a 64bit driver for the device? If HP has a driver this
    should work. If you are attempting to install a 32bit driver on the 64bit
    platform this in not compatible.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Daniel Engelman" <daniel@webiz.co.il> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have download windows 64 bit evaluation from the
    > Microsoft
    > website, installed, and worked for quite a while.
    >
    > However, I cannot install my HP3550 driver on it.
    >
    > I have contacted HP USA, and we tried a step by step
    > support, with
    > no luck, they said I should contact microsoft instead.
    >
    > Well, I have contacted microsoft israel's phone support,
    > obviously,
    > as expected, they don't support 64 bit, so he referred me
    > msforum.
    >
    > I have tried to add the printer using the add printer
    > wizard, by
    > specifying a location to the .inf, it gets all the way
    > allmost, at about
    > 99% it stops and an error occurs: "Printer driver not
    > installed. could
    > not finish the process".
    >
    > Does anyone has an idea on how to override it ?
    >
    > Daniel Engelman

Support Hewlett Packard Microsoft Windows XP