Problems viewing faxes

August 5, 2004 11:15:03 AM

I'm having problems opening my faxes to view them in Windows XP Fax Console. When I try to open them, either by double clicking or pressing the view button, I first get a dialog asking me where I want to move items to, then when I cancel that I get a dialog where I want to copy items to. Since I don't want to move or copy anything, but only view it in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, I press cancel to get out of the dialogs but then nothing happens. Even when I try to move or copy the faxes I want to view, it doesn't seem to do anything. I was wondering if it was some association problem but my faxes are saved as tiff files and they open okay with windows explorer. It seems to only be a problem with Fax Console. Does anyone know how to fix this?

More about : problems viewing faxes

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 2:40:30 AM

A number of standard update and repair procedures disabled the Fax Monitor
in the initial release of Windows XP. These problems were fixed in Service
Pack 1. Make sure you apply SP1 or the update from the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322011
You Cannot Preview a Fax in the Fax Console

This may also apply:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6d...
Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
Internet Security

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com