Serial Printing from DOS

August 5, 2004 12:34:51 PM

We have a custom DOS application that prints to serial
receipt printers. We are currently running WIN98 but will
be upgrading to XP in the very near future.

In 98, we would use the MODE command to get the serial
printers working, but I cannot get the serial printers
working under XP. I have tried using the mode command in
the batch file that loads the program, in the autoexec.nt
and manually entering it with no success. If anyone has
come across this and can point me in the right direction
it would be great.

Thanks

More about : serial printing dos

Anonymous
August 5, 2004 3:56:04 PM

Ken wrote:
> We have a custom DOS application that prints to serial
> receipt printers. We are currently running WIN98 but will
> be upgrading to XP in the very near future.
>
> In 98, we would use the MODE command to get the serial
> printers working, but I cannot get the serial printers
> working under XP. I have tried using the mode command in
> the batch file that loads the program, in the autoexec.nt
> and manually entering it with no success. If anyone has
> come across this and can point me in the right direction
> it would be great.
>
> Thanks
Try this:

http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm