Serial Printing from DOS

We have a custom DOS application that prints to serial
receipt printers. We are currently running WIN98 but will
be upgrading to XP in the very near future.

In 98, we would use the MODE command to get the serial
printers working, but I cannot get the serial printers
working under XP. I have tried using the mode command in
the batch file that loads the program, in the autoexec.nt
and manually entering it with no success. If anyone has
come across this and can point me in the right direction
it would be great.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about serial printing

    Ken wrote:
    > We have a custom DOS application that prints to serial
    > receipt printers. We are currently running WIN98 but will
    > be upgrading to XP in the very near future.
    >
    > In 98, we would use the MODE command to get the serial
    > printers working, but I cannot get the serial printers
    > working under XP. I have tried using the mode command in
    > the batch file that loads the program, in the autoexec.nt
    > and manually entering it with no success. If anyone has
    > come across this and can point me in the right direction
    > it would be great.
    >
    > Thanks
    Try this:

    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm