How to access to a shared fax

Hello !
I have Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with a fax printer device installed. I
share this fax. Fax works fine on Windows2003, but I can't access to my fax
printer from other computers running Windows XP. Shared fax is visible on
\\max-serv\fax; fax client is automatically installed on Windows XP Clients
when I click on it; but I can't print any fax. When I try to list devices on
my Windows XP fax console, \\mx_serv isn't accessible ("connection
error") -even if I try to connect to the server in Administrator-.
Have you an idea ? a link ? some explanations ?
Thanks for all

gg

(please excuse my bad english)

Install XP - SP1 (or SP2) & try.

--
R. Sridharan [MSFT]

purposes only.'

"gg" <ggfirst-nospam-@ggfirst.com> wrote in message
> Hello !
> I have Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with a fax printer device installed.
> share this fax. Fax works fine on Windows2003, but I can't access to my
fax
> printer from other computers running Windows XP. Shared fax is visible on
> \\max-serv\fax; fax client is automatically installed on Windows XP
Clients
> when I click on it; but I can't print any fax. When I try to list devices
on
> my Windows XP fax console, \\mx_serv isn't accessible ("connection
> error") -even if I try to connect to the server in Administrator-.
> Have you an idea ? a link ? some explanations ?
> Thanks for all
>
> gg
>
> (please excuse my bad english)

TRENDING THREADS