Xbox 360 questions

gabrielorie

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Hi there. I've been saving for my new computer for about 8 months now and for the summer holidays i was expecting to do a lot of gaming but the cost of the parts for a PC i wanted to build came up to $700, i wasn't expecting to pass $400... I can just buy it but i would still have to upgrade in 5-6 months again which is too much money for me. Instead of spending all this money building a PC i could just buy an Xbox 360 with a 320GB HD and a new TV, which surprisingly came up to only $300. I'm a bit hesitant though, one of the reasons i loved my computer for gaming was because of fraps. I love taking screenshots during the most random times and i also loved recording videos so is there a program, like fraps that can do these things? For the screenshots i don't want to have to get up from my seat to go and press a button in a TV recorder or something. Also can original Xbox games work on the 360 if you install it? I was reading that only a few old games work on it but i wanted to play lots more that weren't on the list. Thanks in advance :)

gabrielorie

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
@fantastik250 thanks for the reply but i already tried that on amazon. I once got down to $300 but i checked the specs on youtube and it lagged like hell on more newer games like saints row 3. Last year i bought an ATI Radeon HD 5770 and an Antec EA 500w and up to this day i only used it once because on newer games it lags a lot. Back then i paid $300 just for the card and $150 for the PSU (The reason i never used the PSU is because the card heats up with it so i just lent my dad). The same thing might happen again, right now the 6970 is a great card but technology upgrades so fast and i can't keep up with it so i'd rather have a 360 for now and keep my computer for The Sims 3 and 2 alone.

gabrielorie

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
@fantastik250 thanks :) But i'm still not sure if i'm gonna buy one, thats why i posted here. If there isn't a program to take screenshots or movies with the press of a button (Not on the controller, maybe a keyboard with Xfps) or if it can't play original Xbox games, the ones not on their short list i might reconsider. I still want one though, as far as gaming goes it suits all my needs, these are just 2 factors that i really want...