Microsoft Fax Problem

August 6, 2004 10:44:47 AM

I'm running XP and keep having problems when faxing from
Word. The wizard will not open & I get the message "Fax
server information cannot be retrieved". If I then try to
open the fax console, I get "All fax printers are
inaccessible".
I have to reboot to get the fax to work and that only
works for a few minutes, before the "Fax server
information cannot be retrieved" error message reappears.
I have uninstalled/reinstalled Word & Fax Services and
added 'faxfix.reg' to the registry. No improvement.
Any ideas???

More about : microsoft fax problem

August 6, 2004 11:06:04 AM

PS SP1 is installed

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 6:16:06 PM

Are you saying that other than word, you can fax? Only fax with word has
problems? Try just fxssend.exe. Is your modem in Microsoft compatible list.
Have you enabled Send & receive for this modem?

--
R. Sridharan [MSFT]

purposes only.'

!