Microsoft Fax Problem

I'm running XP and keep having problems when faxing from
Word. The wizard will not open & I get the message "Fax
server information cannot be retrieved". If I then try to
open the fax console, I get "All fax printers are
inaccessible".
I have to reboot to get the fax to work and that only
works for a few minutes, before the "Fax server
information cannot be retrieved" error message reappears.
I have uninstalled/reinstalled Word & Fax Services and
added 'faxfix.reg' to the registry. No improvement.
Any ideas???
2 answers Last reply
More about microsoft problem

    PS SP1 is installed

    Are you saying that other than word, you can fax? Only fax with word has
    problems? Try just fxssend.exe. Is your modem in Microsoft compatible list.
    Have you enabled Send & receive for this modem?

    --
    R. Sridharan [MSFT]

    purposes only.'

    "miker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message