Problem installing BJC8200

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
August 7, 2004 10:36:09 PM

Gday all, I have just installed XP Home and can't get my printer to print, I
have installed the XP driver from the Canon site, the install instructions
ars for a plug and play printer , but mine is not usb it connects to lpt1
port, so I sel;ected manual connection and the driver is loaded, but when I
try to print I get ..printer not responding and then printer out of paper !
which it isn't, so I am hoping someone can help me out ,
Cheers
Ray

More about : problem installing bjc8200

Anonymous
August 7, 2004 10:36:10 PM

Canon has lots of support documents
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Support...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Ray" <rayw1@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
news:o 3nQfpGfEHA.2896@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Gday all, I have just installed XP Home and can't get my printer to print, I
> have installed the XP driver from the Canon site, the install instructions
> ars for a plug and play printer , but mine is not usb it connects to lpt1
> port, so I sel;ected manual connection and the driver is loaded, but when I
> try to print I get ..printer not responding and then printer out of paper !
> which it isn't, so I am hoping someone can help me out ,
> Cheers
> Ray

August 8, 2004 5:25:01 AM

Thanks for the link Mary, I did go through the FAQ's etc. and have just gone
through it all again,uninstalling reinstalling etc. I did exactly as the
Canon site says, but no luck ! when going through the troubleshooting on the
Canon site, it seems to end up giving answers for USB connections, which is
of no help to me :(  maybe I need a USB connection for the 8200, is this
possible ?
thanks again
Ray.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Canon has lots of support documents
> http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Support...
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Ray" <rayw1@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> news:o 3nQfpGfEHA.2896@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > Gday all, I have just installed XP Home and can't get my printer to print, I
> > have installed the XP driver from the Canon site, the install instructions
> > ars for a plug and play printer , but mine is not usb it connects to lpt1
> > port, so I sel;ected manual connection and the driver is loaded, but when I
> > try to print I get ..printer not responding and then printer out of paper !
> > which it isn't, so I am hoping someone can help me out ,
> > Cheers
> > Ray

August 8, 2004 3:30:54 PM

It should work on an LPT connection..... provided of course your LPT port is
enabled in the BIOS and found in the Device Manager. I have an old (now
retired) BJC-8200 which I ran on XP Pro for about a year or so with no
problems.

However if you have a USB port, it will work better!
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the link Mary, I did go through the FAQ's etc. and have just
> gone
> through it all again,uninstalling reinstalling etc. I did exactly as the
> Canon site says, but no luck ! when going through the troubleshooting on
> the
> Canon site, it seems to end up giving answers for USB connections, which
> is
> of no help to me :(  maybe I need a USB connection for the 8200, is this
> possible ?
> thanks again
> Ray.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Canon has lots of support documents
>> http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Support...
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
>> "Ray" <rayw1@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
>> news:o 3nQfpGfEHA.2896@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> > Gday all, I have just installed XP Home and can't get my printer to
>> > print, I
>> > have installed the XP driver from the Canon site, the install
>> > instructions
>> > ars for a plug and play printer , but mine is not usb it connects to
>> > lpt1
>> > port, so I sel;ected manual connection and the driver is loaded, but
>> > when I
>> > try to print I get ..printer not responding and then printer out of
>> > paper !
>> > which it isn't, so I am hoping someone can help me out ,
>> > Cheers
>> > Ray

August 9, 2004 5:05:01 AM

Hi Cari, yep all's well in the bios, and device manager says it is working
ok, I tried all the different settings in the bios, SPP ECP ECP+EPP, no go !
and when in SPP mode I disabled ECP mode in the driver, so I think I have
just about covered everything, the printer works fine on my old machine
running Win98, so I know the printer is ok, I do have plenty of USB ports on
the computer, but only have the LPT cable from the printer, I asked at my
local store "Harvey Norman" but they didn't have or know if I could get one,
I will do some ringing round the shops tomorrow, it will give my computer a
chance to recover from all the re-starts ;)  if you think of anything that I
have missed checking ,please let me know thanks
Ray.

!