Can't Scan on Network

I have two Dell computers networked to run off one Dell
1600n 4 in 1. Both computers can print off of it, and the
copy and fax functions work fine. But it WILL NOT SCAN.
Dell support informs me the Windows XP does not allow for
scanning on a network, because it doesn't know which of
the two computers to scan the image to. Could this
possibly be true of XP? Is there any way around this?

99% of scanners CANNOT be used over a network. Epson make some that can,
they start at around $3000.

--
Cari
www.coribright.com