Bud

My OS is Windows XP Home edition. I am not having any luck filling in
data on the FAX Cover Page Editor. 'Help' says to click on the field
you wish to fill in. When I do that, nothing changes and I cannot fill
in any fields. Does anyone know how to fix this problem for me? I have
Microsoft Office XP Professional installed if that is of interest.
There are shortcuts for Fax programs located in C:\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Communications\Fax.
The actual programs are in C:\WINDOWS\windows 32.

Any help would be gratefully received.

--
Bud

"Fields" in the Fax Editor come in two flavors, text boxes you create and
"canned" (non editable) boxes that are automatically filled in (E.G.
Recipient name) by the send fax wizard when a fax is sent. Where are you
having trouble? Are you not able to create/fill in text boxes?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC NBC-IN

"Bud" <buddy@nutz.C0M> wrote in message

> My OS is Windows XP Home edition. I am not having any luck filling in
> data on the FAX Cover Page Editor. 'Help' says to click on the field
> you wish to fill in. When I do that, nothing changes and I cannot fill
> in any fields. Does anyone know how to fix this problem for me? I have
> Microsoft Office XP Professional installed if that is of interest.
> There are shortcuts for Fax programs located in C:\Documents and
> Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Communications\Fax.
> The actual programs are in C:\WINDOWS\windows 32.
>
> Any help would be gratefully received.
>
> --
> Bud

Bud

Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS] wrote:
> "Fields" in the Fax Editor come in two flavors, text boxes you create and
> "canned" (non editable) boxes that are automatically filled in (E.G.
> Recipient name) by the send fax wizard when a fax is sent. Where are you
> having trouble? Are you not able to create/fill in text boxes?
>
> Hal
I am uncertain as to what you are referring. The one I am talking about
is fxsCover.exe the screen is entitled "Cover Page - Fax Cover Page",
On the "Insert" drop down here are, 'Recipient', 'Sender' and 'Message'.
Highlighting these gets additional selections: e. g.; Under
'Recipient' you can select 'Name' or 'Fax Number'. These are the fields
that will not fill. The other selections are manifold and will not fill
either.

--
Bud

Those are the "Canned" entries that are filled in by the Send Fax Wizard
when you send a fax. They cannot be filled in from the Cover Page Editor.
In more precise terms, these entries are in the Cover Page Editor are
"Fields" like those in a database; you use the editor to select which fields
you want to appear on the Cover Page and to place them where you want them
on the page. ALL the send and receive data used to fill in these fields
comes from the Send Fax Wizard and your Address book.

Hal
--

> Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS] wrote:
> > "Fields" in the Fax Editor come in two flavors, text boxes you create
and
> > "canned" (non editable) boxes that are automatically filled in (E.G.
> > Recipient name) by the send fax wizard when a fax is sent. Where are
you
> > having trouble? Are you not able to create/fill in text boxes?
> >
> > Hal
> I am uncertain as to what you are referring. The one I am talking about
> is fxsCover.exe the screen is entitled "Cover Page - Fax Cover Page",
> On the "Insert" drop down here are, 'Recipient', 'Sender' and 'Message'.
> Highlighting these gets additional selections: e. g.; Under
> 'Recipient' you can select 'Name' or 'Fax Number'. These are the fields
> that will not fill. The other selections are manifold and will not fill
> either.
>
> --
> Bud

Bud

Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS] wrote:
> Those are the "Canned" entries that are filled in by the Send Fax Wizard
> when you send a fax. They cannot be filled in from the Cover Page Editor.
> In more precise terms, these entries are in the Cover Page Editor are
> "Fields" like those in a database; you use the editor to select which fields
> you want to appear on the Cover Page and to place them where you want them
> on the page. ALL the send and receive data used to fill in these fields
> comes from the Send Fax Wizard and your Address book.
>
> Hal
Thank you very much. That makes a certain kind of sense, now that I
understand it, but it didn't seem that way without some instruction.

--
Bud