Compaq Presario 2100 wireless problem

I have a Compaq Presario 2100 notebook with built-in HP wireless. I
have trouble getting it to lock onto a wireless router at home and the
local coffee shop. I also have an older Pentium 233 generic notebook
with a PCMCIA wireless adapter that works perfectly at home, so I know
the wireless network works fine(using it right now). The onboard
compaq wireless takes a long time to lock then drops off after a
minute or two and won't reconnect. Has anyone had problems with this
onboard wireless? What should I do next?

Thanks
Tom
1 answer Last reply
More about compaq presario 2100 wireless problem

    No

    On 13 Nov 2004 17:09:27 -0800, geoman39@excite.com (TomB) wrote:

    >I have a Compaq Presario 2100 notebook with built-in HP wireless. I
    >have trouble getting it to lock onto a wireless router at home and the
    >local coffee shop. I also have an older Pentium 233 generic notebook
    >with a PCMCIA wireless adapter that works perfectly at home, so I know
    >the wireless network works fine(using it right now). The onboard
    >compaq wireless takes a long time to lock then drops off after a
    >minute or two and won't reconnect. Has anyone had problems with this
    >onboard wireless? What should I do next?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Tom

Compaq Wireless Presario Computers